Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pinteresting...

I have found a few really cool tips on Pinterest that I have put to use in my home and thought I should share.  First, is my new shower cleaner.  Put 1 cup of white vinegar in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.  Put the vinegar in a large spray bottle, and add an equal amount of dawn liquid dish detergent.  Shake till blended (over the sink), then go and spray your shower all over.  Leave for 30 minutes, then go back and use a mop or a cloth to wipe it down and rinse.  I CANNOT believe how clean my shower came out after using this.  It looked brand new.  I even used it on the glass doors and fixtures.  It sparkled.  I would not have believed it if I hadn't tried it.  GO DO IT NOW!

The next tip was one of my favorite.  I do pulled pork/chicken all the time, but it always takes me 20 minutes to shred it up with two forks.  Enter the kitchen aid with paddle attachment.  I cooked the pork in the crock pot all day, then when it was tender enough to pull, I threw it in the kitchen aid, (with no liquid), and turned it on.  In less than 30 seconds, I had this. 



Third, I saw a tip about adding 3-4 drops of saline solution to mascara when it starts to dry out.  I added the drops and stirred it in with the wand and it doubled my mascara life!  I hate spending money on make up, so I was happy to have mine last SOOOOOOOO much longer.

Finally, this is a tip we have been using for years, but I wanted to tell you IT WORKS!!!!  When we lived in our apartment back east Mike Sr was an apartment engineer, and they used this all the time when tenants moved out so they didn't have to replace the carpet.  Fill an empty spray bottle with 1 part ammonia to 1 part hot water.  Spray this all over your stain and lay a cheap, clean WHITE towel or face cloth over the top of it.  Use your hot iron to iron over the white towel.  Within a few seconds you will be amazed to see the stain lift right out of the carpet.  Keep using a clean piece of the towel till the stain is completely gone.  We have used this on kool-aid and other tough stains and it has worked brilliantly.

Have you learned anything new from Pinterest?  Share! :)

1 comment:

Higleys said...

That really was pinteresting