Friday, November 18, 2011

Oh My, Chocolate Chip Pie...

The only way I can describe this recipe is "A little slice of Heaven".  Think almost a pecan pie texture, but with chocolate chips and walnuts.  It is so deliciously rich, but sooooooooooo easy to make.  I ran across this recipe on Pinterest, (my new favorite hobby), from A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock n' Roll, who adapted it from Nestle, and when I saw the picture I KNEW it was something I had to make IMMEDIATELY! 

Ingredients:

1 unbaked pie shell (I used a Pillsbury pie crust from the refrigerated section of the grocery store and just gently pressed it in to my pie pan.)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
3/4 cup (1 & 1/2 sticks) softened butter
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts, but pecans would be yummy too!)

Preheat your oven to 325° F.

Beat the 2 eggs in your mixer on high speed until foamy. Beat in your flour.  Beat in the sugar and brown sugar. Beat in your softened butter. Once it is all combined well, stir in the chocolate chips and the chopped up nuts, then spoon the mixture in to your pie shell!  Um, yes... that is it!!!!

Throw it in your preheated oven and bake it for 50 to 60 minutes.  (I took mine out at 50.)  The top will be crispy, but the inside of the pie will oozing with ooey gooey deliciousness.  Try to cool on a wire rack.  (I think mine got about 10 minutes before the fam dived in to it.) 




I topped my piece with cool whip... but I imagine any cream, ice-cream, or whipped topping would be good with this.  It helps cut the richness a little in my opinion.  This pie is definitely as good as you think it's going to be...

(BTW, If the only ingredient you are missing is a pie crust, go on over here and try out Jennifer's "No Roll Pie Crust".)