Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Mike & Mike..

A couple of weeks ago hot hubby turned 40.  His cell phone was lit up for days with "old" jokes from friends and family.  It was very entertaining... well at least for me. ;)  For an old fart he sure does take good care of himself.  Personally, I find him more handsome today than I did the day I married him.  He has already completed P90X and Insanity so for his birthday he asked for Insanity Asylum.  (Who does that?)  But hey... whatever makes him happy.  I just hope he doesn't expect me to do it with him.  One of the things I love best about Mike Sr is the way he interacts with people.  He is so good at talking to people and he takes special care and concern, especially with the elderly, which is probably why he is so good at his job.  He genuinely loves and cares for people.  It's an endearing quality.  Happy Birthday Sweetie. :)


Last week Jr turned 15.  The little snot waited till the night before to study for his learners permit so I was sure we were safe... there was no way he was going to pass.  Sr told me it took him all of 7 minutes to complete the test and he passed with flying colors.  My stomach is still in my throat from the first time I drove with him.  He only ate the curb once and that was because a car was coming towards him and he tried to get as far right as possible.  Luckily he can't drive alone for a year.  That will give him lots of practice. :)  This boy is already 6 feet tall.  The doctor who saw his growth plates said he still has a lot of growing to do... I think he is already the tallest person in our entire family as no-one that I know of has ever grown over 6 feet on either of our sides.  The thing I love best about Mike though is his sense of humor.  This boy will make you laugh with his comments and impressions.  Below is a little clip of his Bear Grylls impression that he sent to me from school one day when I needed cheering up... maybe it's just because he is my son, but this totally makes me snort.  Happy Birthday Mikey :)


5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Happy Birthday to both Mikes!

Denise said...

Happy birthday boys! Jimmy turned 40 this year and there were no jokes allowed. It was too tragic for him. I'm glad to see Mike had a better sense of humor about it!

Denise said...

You are a blogging pro. Do you know why my blog shows up as being updated 11 months ago on your reader (and others) when I've updated a ton since then? Help!

Lissa said...

Happy B-day to M & M...let Mike Jr. know that if you guys were still here in MD he would have to wait another 9 months to get a learner's permit! And then you have to have a "provisional" until you are 18..meaning you can only drive yourself, no friends...I like that, but he is going crazy!!

Lissa said...

(by the way, It's Tammy...my daughter changed me to Lissa and I haven't changed it back)