Monday, June 6, 2011

The Black Thumb Of Death...

I am a TERRIBLE gardener.  I have never been able to get anything to grow nicely.  Anyone who knows me will tell you that I can't even keep plants in my house alive.  I have the black thumb of death. :(  Last year I thought I might succeed when I bought just three simple bushes and some marigolds to plant outside the front of the house, however, around the same time one of our neighbors dug up their yard and we got voles.  Those little nasties ate every stinkin' bush and plant right down to the roots leaving only the tags that I had left on the bushes!

Well, we got rid of the vole problem and this year I decided to try one more time... I decided that I would plant rose bushes and daisies... because I love them both and they looked to be pretty low maintenance and should continue to bloom year after year.

I wasn't expecting to see any actual roses on the bushes this year, so when I counted 8 buds between the three bushes the other day, I was pretty dang excited.  Then this morning I found this...


And in between the rose bushes, we have these...




Now I just have to hope and pray that the kids in the neighborhood who did this to my tulips a month ago...




...will leave my Roses and Daisies alone! :(

3 comments:

Kazzy said...

Oh, those poor tulips! I always say a little prayer that what i plant won't die. I am an average gardener.

Joni said...

The roses and daisies look gorgeous, poor tulips, darn neighbor kids.

R Clan said...

Beautiful Flowers. :) Yipee!