Thursday, May 5, 2011

*Sigh*...

Ugh. Sometimes life is just hard!  Now I really am not complaining here because trust me, I know there are others who have it so much tougher, but today was positively one of the crappiest days I have had in forever!  It was one of those days that I kept thinking... "It can't possibly get any worse", but then... "Really?  Are you FREAKIN' KIDDING ME????".  It did.  Over and over and over again.  I literally wanted to crawl in to bed and just go to sleep. I even asked someone to please shoot me in the @$$, because really that is only a flesh wound but it would at least get me home for the day!
I won't bore you with the details, but I will tell you that I felt tried and tested and am still feeling pretty bitter about some things.  However, there is a story I try to remember when I am situations such as these...

One day, a man went to the Lord and said, “Help me, Lord….I can’t take this suffering anymore. Please give me a different cross to bare.” So, our gentle Lord said, “Come with me.” All of a sudden, the man and the Lord were standing in a huge room with every kind of cross imaginable. Some were small, some large, others beautiful, some ugly, etc…..The Lord said to the man, “Now you look around and pick out whichever cross you’d like to carry.” Happily, the man searched and searched and finally found the smallest, lightest, most beautiful one. He said to the Lord, “Lord, Lord, I will take this one.”  The Lord just smiled and said, “My dear child, that is the same cross you came in with.”


God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference...

8 comments:

Henich Family said...

I am sorry you had such a bad day. Those are the worst. I am glad you came last night.

Jane said...

I sure hope things get much brighter for you. Your family is so wonderful, I hate to see you ever have a bad day :(

Joni said...

Oh that makes me sad. You are too nice to have such a bad day. I'm sorry! If it helps, I too had one of those days this week, I just wanted the day to be over or just go get in bed and go to sleep, stinks doesn't it? Hope you have a great weekend. What a good mom you are so have a great mother's day!

Tammy said...

that really does suck to have a day like that. What a positive outlook you have about it though. I also have those words memorized and pull them out at times like that.

I love the story..

Each day that comes takes you a little further from the bad day...

Kazzy said...

I'm sorry. I hope you have a great weekend and things look up!

Higleys said...

I personaly like to let out a primal scream sometimes. I'm glad you wrote it out(ish). I hope it helped. Life just stinks sometimes. I'm also glad you are able to have a positive outlook. Have a big hug and something yummy and pretend it came from me:) LOVE YOU.

R Clan said...

Sorry. :( Thanks for the reminders though. {{{HUGS}}}

our apraxia journey said...

Sorry you had a bad day! =( I hope things are better now.
You are loved!