Saturday, February 5, 2011

The "Safe" Cake...

I went to Smiths to buy one of their colossal birthday cupcakes for a co-worker of mine this week.  I was so proud of myself for thinking about it the day before so I wouldn't have to stop on the way to work at 6am the next morning. 

The lady checking me out put it carefully in to a bag and said, "Oh, let's keep this safe shall we?"  Next thing I know she puts the bag ON IT'S SIDE and puts it in the child seat part of the cart.

I just don't dare look at it until I am out of her view because I am frightened of what I will actually say to her.  I get to the car and take a peek.  The beautiful cupcake now looks like this:



I wonder what it would have looked like if she WASN'T trying to keep it safe?  Oh well, the fam ate this one and I ended up stopping on my way to work at 6am to get another one... thanks lady!

5 comments:

R Clan said...

lol....You are much much better than me. I probably would have said something.

Denise said...

What??? I would have mentioned that she put it on the side and gone and grabbed another. You are too nice!

Kazzy said...

I would have said something. Seriously. I am mean like that when I have spent money on something.

Henich Family said...

wow this really happened didn't it? Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing. I am so glad you posted this...I needed a good laugh. I want to thank that lady too since it brightened my day!

*Ashleigh* said...

I always get such a kick and giggle out of your blog posts! Love em!! Silly checker girl. Sounds like the grocery stores have it out for you lol!! :D at least you got to eat some yummy cake right?!