Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dear Grocery Store Managers,

I don't now, nor have I ever gotten the concept of express lanes in grocery stores.  For one thing, you are giving the faster checkout times to the people who are buying the LEAST amount of items in your store.  Second, I have actually seen people put items BACK and NOT purchase them so that they can go through this line.  Third, as a consumer it really ticks me off that though I am spending a good chunk of money in your store, I am standing in line much longer than the people who are choosing to spend just a few. 

Here's the thing... my time is just as valuable as the person who buys fewer items.  Just because I am buying a lot, it does not mean that I don't want to get out of the store quickly.  And if I get to the check out before someone who is buying two items, I should be checked out before them... not stuck in the line to the left watching them getting checked out immediately while there are two more people ahead of me.

With the invention of self check out, express lanes should just be obliterated!  If they are in that much of a rush then let them check themselves out and leave your employees to help your most profitable customers, or at least the ones who are ok waiting for someone to check them out.  Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Tired Of Watching Them Leave Before Me

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hahahaha that's right, put em' in their place!!! =) Have a gorgeous day...Xoxoxo ~Ashley

Kazzy said...

I like your thinking!

Joni said...

You are too funny, I never thought of it that way but you are totally right!

PinkMama said...

Amen!!!! Love this!

Elizabeth said...

you're spot on with this! the only time i like express checkout is when I'm in it. haha. Good point about the attention needing to be paid to the more profitable customers!!