Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pork Paillards With Compound Butter...

Continuing with my Food Network obsession... another show hubby and I really like is Worst Cooks In America.  Chef Robert Irvine is one of my favorite chefs, (you might know him from Dinner: Impossible if you are a FN junkie such as myself), and we were excited to see him on this season with Chef Anne Burrell.  Why do I like him?  He cooks amazing, gourmet food that makes me drool... and, well... it probably doesn't hurt that he is British. This season on episode 2 he made this scrumptious looking pork recipe that made our mouths water, so we went on FN to see if we could find the recipe and what do you know?  They have all the recipes they make on that show right on line!  I figured, if the worst cooks in America can make it, well I should be able to cook it too right?

So yesterday we pounded out pork and made compound herb butter and what we ended up with was beyond delicious.  To quote my husband, "this is the best dinner you have ever made!"  (That's 19 years of meals people.)  My boys even ate asparagus for the first time after I learned to cook it properly, (only three minutes in salted boiling water), and I added a small serving of Barilla Plus Multi-grain pasta to their plates to help fill them up.  The pic isn't very good because it was already dark and the lighting was bad, but you get the point... it was soooooooooo yummy. :)  Want to have a go?  You can find the recipe HERE!

8 comments:

hdknowles said...

That looks like it could be on the FN. Nice job Collins family. I'll have to try it. Clarified butter - I'm impressed.

Kazzy said...

"best dinner ever!"???? Wow, you totally rock! Looks delish!

Jane said...

I am drooling, thanks for sharing!

SamanthaD said...

Great job! I have a slight obsession with FN too! I can't watch it when I'm hungry though....then I have to cook!

I’m a new follower!

Sam
http://www.themomanddadreviews.com/

Kimberly said...

I am SO going to try that!

Rudy Rukus said...

Wow that looks amazing!

Joni said...

Mmmm, yummy, I'll have to look at the food network website. Way to impress the hubbby!

Higleys said...

I saw Chef Irvine at Disney. I wanted to say Hi but I was too far away. that does look fabulous and I love the show. Wish I was a contestant.