Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy New Year Part 2???

Today is the first day this year I have felt in a good mood.  If you know me, you will know it is pretty unlike me to be chronically grumpy, but this year so far has been a bit of a struggle.  Our family has already filled 11 prescriptions and made 6 trips to the Dr.  It has not been good times.  The worst has been the steroids they put me on for a pinched nerve in my shoulder/neck.  They have made me an absolute beast for the past week and a half and I have tried my best to stay away from as many people as I can so that I don't lose any friends.  Today though, today I feel happy and in a good mood.  Maybe it's because I am down to just one steroid pill a day, maybe it is because I got a good night sleep, maybe it is because I am off work till Tuesday, (thank you Dr. Martin Luther King), but whatever it is, it feels good to smile and think positively about life... So today I am proclaiming it my official New Year. :)  Let's make it a good one!

9 comments:

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

woo hoo for happiness returning to your life.

hdknowles said...

We've had a lot of illness since the holidays and my husband is on the same medication you are but he hasn't become beastly (yet). Hope you are on the road to recovery. Relax over your long weekend (I don't get that holiday anymore).

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Hello Petra!
I just made my walk to a blog that I really love.

Happy weekend!

B xx

Stephanie Rempe said...

HI! Just wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! Hope you'll accept, the details are on my blog at www.bentofabulous.com

Kazzy said...

Sorry you have had it so hard. Yuck! Things will only get better.

R Clan said...

Glad you are not so Beastly any more. ;) Although I never "saw" it to begin with. Happy New Year!!!

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Sorry about the deleted comment - I apparently don't know how to spell. Petra - you are hysterical! I would have loved to have seen you chronically grumpy. Never once have I seen you without a smile on your face. Maybe give your family vitamins - stay away from the doctor. Happy New Year!

Simply Me said...

Awww ..I am sorry to hear things haven't quite been going the right way but glad they're getting better for you ..so happy official new year to you and may it rock for you ..