Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why I Married Him...

When we lived in our apartment back East, Mike was one of the engineers which meant every time it snowed, he and three other guys had to completely clear all the sidewalks in the neighborhood.  We lived in a neighborhood with many elderly people, so once he was finished with shoveling the walks, he would go and dig out the cars of some of his favorite neighbors who he knew would struggle.  It used to warm my heart to know that he cared about people that way.

Now that we live in our own house here in Utah, he doesn't have to clear every sidewalk in the neighborhood, but he always looks for a couple of people he can lend a hand to.  Over the course of this weekend my good hubby shoveled 6-7 driveways at 1-2 feet of snow a piece.  Sometimes it does a soul good to remember the reasons we fell in love with a person in the first place. :)

12 comments:

hdknowles said...

Since you're a homeowner now, get a snow blower - then he can help more that 6-7 people. Trust me, we've had one for years and some years it's used, and most years it isn't, but boy what a godsend during last year's Snowmaggeden in DC.

Mrs. Werginz said...

That is awesome! you have a good one!

Joni said...

Aaahhh, what a good guy, that is a lot of snow! I agree about the snowblower thing. We bought one online and are waiting for it to arrive, yeah! There is just too much snow in this neighborhood.

Tammy said...

very very sweet! after living in the east, have you gotten used to all that snow?

Matty said...

He has a big heart, but where's the snow blower?

Mizzreviewlady said...

I am your newest follower from the blog hop. Please follow me back at
http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ Thanks!

Facing50Blog.com said...

I love your blog. It is really fab so I am now your latest new follower/admirer.
I fell for Hubby because he made me laugh. He still does.
Could do with your man here today I'm sitting in minus ten centigrade which I think is fourteen fahrenheit and snow everywhere. It's most unusual for the UK.
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

Simplegirl said...

That is beautiful heart to care for others. Sounds like a wonderful husband! Now following your blog:-)

Erika said...

What a sweetheart!
I'm visiting from the blog hop! I'm your newest follower & would love a follow back - thanks!
Have a wonderful day!
~Erika
Musings From a Stay At Home Mom

Raine and Sage said...

That is very sweet of you to remember, and shows his great character. In Australia we'd call him a good bloke! :) Sonia

Sofia's Ideas said...

Awh, that just melted my heart. What a sweet little PDA. My husband is that guy too, the kinda guy thats never met a stranger, ya know what I mean? Sometimes it gets on my nerves when it takes us 30 minutes just to buy juice cuz everyones talking to him, but you're right - its good to remember that its one of the reasons I fell in love with him.

Thank you for this, I was blessed by this today...

I'm now following you through the Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop! I hope you'll do the same! You can find & follow me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

Sofia's Ideas

kalea_kane said...

Sounds like you have a pretty awesome and kind hubby. :)

We live in Arizona. We are at a high elevation so we get a little snow, but it is nothing major. Thankfully I have a husband who grew up in Pennsylvania so he is a whiz at shoveling and clean up.