Friday, December 3, 2010

Miami Heat Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers...


I like basketball.  You wouldn't know it to look at me now, but I actually played varsity for my High School.  One of the great things about now being in Utah is that the NBA games come on two hours earlier, so I get to watch a lot more than I used to when I lived on the East Coast.  It's definitely good times. :)

Tonight hubby and I were watching the Heat/Cavaliers game, and I have to admit I have not been a huge Heat fan.  I pretty much root against them just because there has been so much hype about how great they are going to be this year with their big three... LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

However, tonight I found myself actually rooting for this team!  Why you may ask?  Well to be completely honest, I was pretty irritated and disgusted by the Cavalier fans and their treatment of LeBron James.  I get it... they are mad at him for leaving when he became a free agent, and fine, boo him when he comes out.  But to chant "a-hole" over and over was pretty crass.  Add to that the fact that there were posters and tee-shirts all over the place that disparaged, belittled and made fun of him and I actually felt really bad for the dude.  I just wanted to tell those fans... Really?  GET OVER IT!  I understand that you feel you have gotten a bad wrap in the sports world, but LeBron gave you 7 good years and put your team on the map as far as I am concerned.  Be thankful and move on.  I have never seen such a bunch of haters in my life.  Sad times. :(

Consequently, I have never been so happy to see a team get dominated than I was tonight.  I frequently root for the underdogs unless it is my fav team playing, but tonight I was happy to see LeBron score 38 points, (even sitting out the whole fourth quarter), and his team crushed the Cav's 118-90.  Miami literally played their best game of their season, finally pulling it together after looking pretty mediocre this year. 

Of course, I am not a Miami Heat fan now, and I will still root against them in the future I am sure, but I was impressed that despite the fans treating him like crap, LeBron took the higher road in his post-game interview and when given the opportunity to give a message to the fans, he just simply said "7 great years. Loved every part, loved every moment.  From the growth when I was an 18 year old kid to a 25 year old man... and we tried our best... as a team we tried our best to bring a championship to the city and, you know, just tried to play hard every night... I have the utmost respect for this franchise and the utmost respect for these fans..."

Of course, his game tonight spoke for itself.  You go LeBron. :)

10 comments:

Shanee said...

I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Bethany {3SonsPlus1} said...

Love your blog...peeked below and read about the Kitchen Aid mixer. Wow! Step up from the blender, eh? I'm following along now from the hop and would love it if you stopped by to follow mine too! Have a great weekend!

Esther - TTByM said...

I am your new follower! Would love for you to visit my blog and follow back:)

Have a great weekend!

kidswonderart said...

I'm a new follower from Boost my Blog Friday. Would love a follow back.

Thanks,
Michele
http://kidswonderart.blogspot.com

hdknowles said...

How the heck did you get so many followers? I prefer my good old Sunbeam mixer (everytime I used the KitchenAide the flour was flying out of the bowl). So are you going to be sharing recipes with the blogosphere?

Ms Bibi said...

I love your blog. I had time to read only few posts, but I really enjoyed it.

Thank you for stopping by and following.

My cousin's name is Petra. I always loved that name.

*Ashleigh* said...

Hey Petra! I just ran across this blog randomly and I must say you are amazing! I love Frugalityville!! I wanted to let you know that Smith's is doing a double coupon event from today thru wednesday. Any coupon under a dollar will be increased up to the dollar. One of my favorte blogs that really lays out super good deals (some aren't you just have to see what is a good deal for you, of course) is freebies2deals.com I think you'll really like it. She reads the ads each week and lays out the best deals (including coupon stacks) for Smiths, Wal-Mart & Target... sorry to leave a novel! Hope that is some useful info.

kalea_kane said...

Thank you for dropping by Petra. :) And thanks for the follow. I am following you now. :) I agree with you about LeBron. He showed total class. Good for him. :) Hope you have an amazing week!

*Ashleigh* said...

Ok, I must be blind! I cannot find your email on here or frugalityville... or maybe it's two sick babies on my lap... making it so I can't concentrate, LOL! Either way, email me your email and I'll invite you to our blog :0) thanks for being so dang inspiring! ashleigh.phan@gmail.com

Kazzy said...

I am also a huge round ball fan, and LeBron's comment was pure class.