Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deck The Halls... Part 1

The week before Thanksgiving we found out a big snow storm was coming in, so we quickly put up lights outside the house.  This is the first year we have ever attempted to decorate outside, and it was good fun even though we almost froze to death.  (The snow literally started within an hour of us finishing.)  My hubby, (who is a big scaredy cat when it comes to heights), got Kyle, one of Dee's friends, to climb on top of the roof and secure the highest lights.  (We only did the first level for this year.)  And all it cost us was a bag of fast food... A steal!  Ya gotta love teenagers and their willingness to work for cheap. :)

I was so nervous while Kyle was up there that I didn't get a pic of him on the roof...  I was too busy situating the rest of us around the roof in case he lost his footing.  The only pic I got was of these two goofballs getting the ones they could reach via ladder.


I lost the battle on the colors... I wanted red & green, but I was outvoted 3-1, so red & white it is.  I have to admit, they do look festive though. :)  Our porch is still looking quite dark since I need to use all the decor from there for our Relief Society Christmas Program on Saturday, so no completed lit-up picture yet... 

How about you?  Have you done any decorating?

6 comments:

Missy said...

My husband and I put lights outside this year. This is our first year with the lights and I'm pretty pumped! I finished decorating this last Saturday. Christmas had thrown up all over our house the whole week after Thanksgiving. :)

MaryBeth said...

We switched over to LED lights this year so the decorating is sparse but cheap :)

Joni said...

All it took was a bag of fast food, hilarious! I wish more homes in the neighborhood had lights on them. When I was little, everyone had lights on their homes at Christmas.

Jane said...

They look great! I saw them all lit up tonight, I love the red and white (candy cane, not Utah, right ;) ) SO sorry I missed last night, I hope you don't think I am a flake. It was one of those days. I hope I get another chance someday to hang out and eat yummies.

Sara said...

Hey there! I am diggin your blog! I am your newest follwer from boost my blog friday. Hope you will stop by and join me at www.skinnyonadime.com

R Clan said...

I think you should have went all white or multiple colored....meaning more than just red and white. I'm just sayin'.