My favorite part, (other than the fab food of course), was when we all went down in my parents basement and danced to the oldies. YMCA, Dancing Queen, Hot Stuff, I Will Survive and many, many more! The kids absolutely loved it. It will most likely be a new Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition for many years to come. :)
Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday. Mostly because there really isn't any commercialism. It's just time to enjoy family and think of all our blessings. Here are a few of the things I am most thankful for this year...
- Family: There is nothing on this earth that is more important or more beautiful than family. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my hubby, my kids, my parents, my siblings and all my extended family. Nothing brings me more joy than to spend time with them.
- The Gospel: How could I get through the tests and trials of life without the Gospel? How could I be with my family forever? How could I be forgiven for the many things that I do wrong? I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven.
- Miley (Miles): That little puppy has brought so much love and joy in to our lives since we got her in January. I can't imagine our life without her.
- Home: I am so grateful that after 18 years of marriage, Mike and I were finally able to buy our own home. It is not the biggest or grandest in the neighborhood, but it is our castle, and we love it. :)
- Friends: When life throws you lemons, we are told to make lemonade, but I firmly believe that friends are the ones who help by adding much of the sugar that makes the lemonade so sweet.
- Utah: I never knew I could love living somewhere so much. I love the landscape, the air, the people. It is an amazing place to live and raise a family and I have never regretted the decision we made to come here.
- Good Jobs: In this economy, who could not be grateful for good jobs with good benefits.
- Music: My parents knew what they were doing when they bought Mike & I a piano for our wedding present. My mum told Mike that it would be as much a gift for him as for me since I take all my frustrations out of that thing. :) Singing, Piano, Organ, Flute, Guitar, Drums, CD's, I-Tunes/I-Pods... they are all big parts of our family that we are grateful for.
- Football: I know, I must be crazy to put this on the list right? But this sport really brings the fam together... cheering, crying, friendly competition... whatever it is for the week, it gets my hubby and my kids excited and talking to each other. Not to mention it brings friends and extended families together too.
- Electronics: I'm a techjunkie... Computers, Cell Phones, Camera's, anything tech related... I love it all. Especially because it can bring family that live far away in to our living room at the touch of a button. Texting, blogs, facebook, email. They help keep us all connected.