Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crafty Me!!!

I never thought I would like scrapbooking.  I am not crafty at all... generally I like everything technology related and do everything on a computer.  I completely resisted for two years after moving here to Utah, but in January I went to a scrapbooking club because I really liked the lady who did it and one of her club members and wanted to hang with them.  Well, I am completely hooked!  If you live in my area and you like socializing and creating, you need to go to one of Brandie's club nights and see how fun and easy it can be when you buy a kit each month that has instructions. 

This week I have made a 2-page layout as well as 12 cards in some of my spare time.  (I may have way too much extra time on my hands right now, but whatever.)  The kit comes with enough extra stuff that you can make 12 cards, 2 layouts, (2 pages each layout), and still have lots of leftover stuff to do extra with!  I am looking forward to finally having some pretty albums that can be shared and then passed down to my kids.

Here are six of the cards I made this week with my favorite paper to date...


If you have been looking for a Close To My Heart Rep or just want to start scrapbooking, I highly recommend Brandie! :)  She teaches new techniques all the time and you get to actually scrap at her house on club night.  And believe me, if I can do it, ANYONE CAN!!!! :)

13 comments:

Mommy Life With 5 said...

Awesome :) I've scrapbooked for years !!! I just love it, and my kids always grab their books and show them off to their friends !! Good for you making cards too ! THey are way cute !

Kimberly said...

That's fabulous! I've never gotten into scrapbooking but I love the idea of homemade cards and those are gorgeous!

Higleys said...

Too Cute PJ

Noelle said...

Those are super cute! Great job! :)

Denise said...

Cute, cute cards! I used to be a demonstrator for Stampin Up and loved it. I had to say goodbye to my card making days because they don't mix well with children under 4! If you were here I'd let you play with my stash!

(I am so over scrapbooking, though. I like doing digital photo books much more and I think they will last longer.)

Crystal said...

New Follower form FF. Enjoy your weekend
~Crystal
www.3PrincesandaPrincess2.com

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I love it too and it's soooooo not me either. Love that you're a brit and live with a yank. My moms a brit. She's the best. Thanks for the follow, getting you back. I'll be back soon for sure.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

The Laundry Ladies said...

New followers from the FF's! Your Swiss Chicken recipe looks divine - will have to give it a shot this week. Thanks for visiting our blog earlier!

By Word of Mouth said...

Here from the hop ... born a Brit, grew up a South African, married a Brit working in SA and moved to USA where we produced one and adopted one ... now we are all American, except without the twang :)

R Clan said...

You are doing much better than myself on this whole crafty thing. So cute! I have a lot of catching up to do! ;)

Simply Me said...

I've always wanted to start scrapbooking and love the cards you've made ..I am def going to try now ..
Also I am your newest follower ..I would love to have you stop by my blog.

Have a lovely weekend !!

Sandra said...

Oh I know, I totally didn't think scrapbooking would be for me, and now, I only allow myself to pull it out when I know I have many consecutive hours! It consumes me!

Kazzy said...

Deep down I really really want to finish some scrapbooking. I just get so consumed with daily fires...

Great job on those cards!