Thursday, September 2, 2010

Boneless Pork Ribs in Orange Butter Sauce...


Day Three... This is my hubby's hands down FAVORITE dinner.  Any time I want to "butter him up", I just have to cook him chicken or pork in this sauce I came up with... it works every time. ;) 

Tonight I chose boneless pork ribs, (slicing them thinly to speed up the cooking process), but this works really well with pork chops, chicken breast and even salmon.  Throw some rice in the rice cooker while you cook the meat, and you will be eating before you know it!

Ingredients:
About 2lbs of your choice of meat
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1/2 can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2-3/4 cup sugar (add to taste)
2 tablespoons of butter

Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning generously on both sides of your meat and brown for a few minutes on each side in a large skillet on top of your stove.  (I often dice chicken or pork to bite size pieces.) Throw the half can of frozen concentrate right into the skillet along with the sugar and mix until melted and bubbling.  Cover and cook till the meat is cooked to perfection, then stir the butter through right before serving.  The combination of the lemon pepper with the orange juice, sugar and butter is divine.

Serve with rice and your favorite vegetables.  I personally like to sprinkle a little coconut on the top... yum!  Sometimes I serve canned mandarin oranges and pineapple on the side as a fruit serving for the day.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Loving your meal planning series! I'm getting more into planning now that summer is drawing to a close. I'm going to post a recipe on Monday for this amazing soup I made last night. SO good.

Rudy Rukus said...

Really I just have to make sandwiches.... hahaha!

Tiffany said...

*drool* Love it! Adding it to my meal plan.