Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Great Reads...

While I was on vacation, I had some time to catch up on some reading.  Here are three books that I have really enjoyed...


Catching Fire is book 2 in the Hunger Games.  I have had it since Christmas, but didn't want to read it until book three was coming out.  I read it over vacation knowing that book three came out this week.  I was NOT disappointed.  This whole trilogy is a fabulous read.  An amazing story written in a very emotional way.


What can I say?  I loved it... I had no idea how it was going to end until I read the last pages and I was captivated by the story and the characters.  I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it... just read and enjoy.


I picked up this book to read while waiting for "Mockingjay" to come out.  I got caught up in it quickly.  It is sort of old time magic meets modern day New York City.  It is book one of a trilogy, and the other books are out, (although there is now a trilogy of prequels coming out, so there will be more to read in the future).  Now that I have finished Mockingjay I will be reading the other two of this series. 

How about you?  Any good book recommendations out there?

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I just now started to hear about Mockingjay only because I have lots of friends who have been waitinf for it. Is it good?

Kimberly said...

Ooo...I'll have to add that last to my list. I adored Mockingjay.

Kimberly said...

Oh, and if you haven't already, I highly recommend the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Also his stand alone novel Elantris. =)