Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Serious Pet Peeve...

My biggest pet peeve is when you are driving and there is a lane to the right of you that every one KNOWS is going to end... and you are driving in the lane that you know continues on, but then here comes Mr or Mrs Joe Shmoe who are in a rush, or just thinking they don't need to wait behind the other ten cars waiting to go through the light, or whatever the reason it is... here they come RACING down the ending lane just to cut you or one of the cars in front of you off as they swerve over! 

Seriously, it takes EVERY fiber of my being not to flip them the bird and chase them down.  We live in an area where in order to get home, that ending lane thing occurs twice within half a mile... and I am SOOOOOOOOO sick of these obnoxious drivers day after day after day.

Did you know that speeding only gets you to your destination an average of 2 minutes faster?  OK, so WHY oh WHY do people insist on driving like lunatics???  To get there 2 minutes earlier?  You are obviously already late, so get over it and drive safely.  Put on some music, relax and wait your turn buddy!  You are not getting to your destination any quicker by driving like a butt-head.  (Did I really just use that 80's word?)  I am going to catch up with you at the next light, so really... get a grip!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest! 

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Amen!

This is a huge pet peeve of mine too, especially when I have the kids in the car. What makes them think getting somewhere two minutes faster is worth endangering my kids? Grr!

Well said!

MaryBeth said...

You've been in Utah too long Petra :)

Higleys said...

I have chased someone down once. Scared the poo out of them. They turned quickly to try to shake me. Then I realized I was being a little aggressive and stopped chasing them. I don't do that anymore:)

MaryBeth said...

Oh, and I wanted to say that the more annoying people are the ones that see the lane is ending and decide to come to a complete stop and turn on their blinkers. MERGE PEOPLE not stop traffic!

Joni said...

I totally agree, his happened to me on 7800 south this morning, TWICE, seriously people! Driving takes way too much patience.

Kazzy said...

So with ya on this one. And the killer is my own husband does that!

Cindy said...

Point one: Mary Beth is right, you've been in Utah too long.
Point two: I hate it when that happens to me so I pretend that person is on the way to the hospital to see their dying grandmother (that keeps my temper from getting away from me or saying inappropriate things in front of my grandchildren).
Point three: Really everyone should stay in their lane and merge AT the merge point one from each lane and there wouldn't be a problem.

HRH Mommy said...

I hate it when people do that!! And I am the witch who won't let you in and pretends she doesn't see you. LOL!

Matty said...

When I started my blog, and wondered what my very first post should be, I wrote about the annoying things other driver do that really, really irk me.