Friday, July 2, 2010

Library Fun...

Ok, I admit it.  I LOVE the library.  I could go every day and just browse the books for an hour.  You can learn so much at the library.  I have checked out books on everything from music to photography to scrapbooking to cooking to parenting to improving self-esteem to marriage relationships and much much more.  I also love a good novel.  This past week I have read three novels by Anita Stansfield... if you have never heard of her, she is one of those cheesy romantic LDS novel writers but everything is clean and I just find her books to be a good, easy read.

Anyhow, I was browsing the library again yesterday, (looking for new books), and came across a book called "1001 Ways To Be Romantic".  I thought to myself, how fun would it be to randomly pick a way to be romantic and surprise hubby.  So I opened the book this morning to a random page and pointed.  Here is what it says I have to do:
"Call your lover on the phone.  Make up a lovesong on the spot and sing it to him.  Make up a tune, make up the words---and just keep singing!  You'll generate laughter, if not appreciation."
Ha ha.  OK, I'm in.  Anyone else care to join me?

3 comments:

Vic said...

I love libraries too....right at the moment I don't feel like loving anything or anyone....so this wouldn't be a good book for me to pick up....lol

AlyGatr said...

I'm more of a bookstore kinda gal only because our local library kind of sucks. At the bookstore the selection is better, they don't care if you browse forever and there;s coffee :) When it comes to crafting books though, I love our library. It seems to be one of the sections that has a decent collection. I like to be able to borrow the books and get what I need out of them without having to invest in the purchase. If the book is worth keeping, then I'll buy it after borrowing it. The library we used to live near in Boston had a much better overall book collection. I miss it!!

Kimberly said...

Okay, so 1) I'm enjoying your blog too much and am going to come off creepy if I keep commenting on all your posts 2) ADORE the library too 3) Met Anita Stansfield at a writing conference this Spring and the woman is...odd. She hates reading apparently (one of my friends made the slightly snarky comment "And it shows." 4) I know of a few clean romance writers who are a wee bit more enjoyable. 5) Love the song idea!