Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eat That Frog...

No, not this kind of frog...



...though some people do like to eat those, I'm definitely NOTone of them!

I have been learning about eating frogs from Brian Tracy:



This is a book on organizing, prioritizing and accomplishing!  Your biggest, most challenging tasks of the day are your frogs.  (Things you don't want to eat.)  They are the things you procrastinate doing, but they are also the things that would probably have the biggest impact on your life if you completed them...

Personal Example:  I hate exercise with a passion. Hate it... Hate it... Hate it!

It is a task I do NOT want to do.  However, I think about it all day... it puts me in a foul mood... I am overweight because I don't do it... I am miserable every time I look in the mirror because I know I should be doing it.  So, it is pretty safe to say it is one of my frogs!

So what is my plan for eating this frog?  Well, I have started getting up at 4:40am to exercise every morning except Sunday.  I have now been doing this since June 26th and I haven't missed a day.  I get it out of the way first thing in the morning because that works best for me.  As a result of eating this frog I am slowly dropping weight, I feel better because I'm doing something about it, and I am happier since I don't have it hanging over me the whole day!  THAT is how I am eating that frog.  And it is working. :)

Interestingly enough I am really good at prioritizing and getting the big, ugly frogs eaten first at work.  It is more my personal life that I need to apply this to.  I have made a list of my frogs, (and I am sure I will be adding to it).  I am prioritizing and I am tackling. 

What about you?  What are your frogs and how are you gonna eat them??? :)

9 comments:

Liz said...

My husband LOVED that book! I think he's read every sales & marketing book out there!

Kimberly said...

Methinks I need to read that book. I think about my frogs daily and make myself miserable over them. My biggest frog is just plain getting showered and ready for the day. I laze about in my pj's far too often, and this affects the whole course of my day (i.e. whether I ever get around to leaving the house or not).

I need to eat that frog!

Okay, that made me giggle...

Alison said...

I have too many frogs to count. I think my major issue right now is organization. With my kids getting bigger I feel like there are way too many toys and kids clothes around. Time to unload extra stuff.

Joni said...

Wow, 4:40 am, I'm impressed, way to go!

so kikay said...

Happy Friday!

I'm your newest follower =)

http://sokikay.blogspot.com

HRH Mommy said...

Oh, I should so get that book!!!! I'm in dying need of it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I am following you now. Love your writing style and look forward to reading more.

HRH Mommy
http://mformommy.blogspot.com

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog and blog name....Have a few hours to blog hop....Love those nights....Hope you will visit...I will have a new giveaway on Monday...
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Shining 2 Save said...

Hi! I am your newest follower from friendly friday! hope you have a great day!

Kari @
http://shining2save.blogspot.com

Kazzy said...

Yes, and I am great at helping others eat their frogs too, just not great at taking care of my own.

Best of luck in your exercising endeavors!