Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Case Of The Missing Rock...

There is a (semi-alive) flower bed that has large natural rocks piled around it in front of our house.  Imagine our surprise when we went out Sunday morning to find that one of those rather large rocks had been removed and dirt was spilling down on to our grass.  What the heck???

My thoughts have strayed to the movie "Fun With Dick & Jane" where Dick has no lawn and so he goes around at night cutting out one square from each of his neighbors lawns until his is covered. 

I cannot help but wonder if this is what has happened here?  I definitely believe in innocent until proven guilty, but that being said, I have to just state that on that EXACT day, we saw some pretty new neighbors on our street landscaping their yard with the same types of rocks. If the whole thing wasn't so darn funny I might be a little perturbed, but for now I guess I will just have to have a good laugh and trump it up to the old "they must have needed it more than us" excuse...

8 comments:

R Clan said...

LOL...You are so much better than me. I'd go steal it right back...And mom, if you are reading this...I'M JUST KIDDING! ;)

AlyGatr said...

Maybe a raccoon took off with it? Probably not! I loved that scene in the money where they rip off pieces of everyone's lawns :) Hopefully your rock finds its way home.

Higleys said...

I'm not sure. I'm still bother by it, but it is funny and when you can laugh it's better than cry

Kimberly said...

Okay, that is just bizarre! Deliciously and hilariously bizarre but my goodness.

I'd be so tempted to at least arrange an opportunity to arch my eyebrows at the neighbours and give them a knowing little smirk...

Joni said...

Sorry about the rock.

Cute song you sang your hubby, you guys are great.

Cindi said...

Wow- a rock? That is crazy! Who ever took it if they would have just dug around long enough in their yard- they probably could have dug up one the size they needed!!! (Since our ground out here is so rocky and hard!) :)

Henich Family said...

Seriously?

I am shocked....

Henich Family said...

Seriously?

I am shocked....