Friday, June 18, 2010

Why Is It...


... you can list hundreds of things you DON'T like about yourself
 but then struggle to come up with things you DO?

Do you ever wonder if
there are actually people out there
who look in the mirror
and are completely HAPPY with what they see?

Do you ever wonder if
there are actually people out there
who are REALLY overjoyed
with who they are and what they do?

Some days it is overwhelming
thinking about all the things
I want to CHANGE about myself...

...whether it be
body
soul
heart
mind
all of the above...

Do ya know what I mean?

4 comments:

Higleys said...

Yep.
That's why I try to have one thing I still like. It used to be my skinny fingers but that has changed. So I have to be happy with my nose. I like my nose. You are awesome so I'm sorry you are having a rough day. I could name a million things I like about you. In all catagories.

Joni said...

I think everyone wants to change a million things about themselves. Too bad we can't see ourselves the way others see us. I don't know you that well, but I know you are funny, smart, you have a pretty color of hair, organized, great leader, friendly, super super super good mom. If my kids turn out 1/2 as good as yours, I will be happy! You are great, we need to plan a girls night together sometime.

Rudy Rukus said...

I wish I was more happy with myself. I am really trying. I try to be positive in front of my kids especially my girls I don't want them to always be wanting what others have!

Alison said...

I think that we do all want to change things about ourselves. And yet, when I look at my friends, I can't see anything that they should change (like you Petra). So as women,we might be too hard on ourselves.