Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lagoon... Check!

Finally, after almost three years of living in Utah, our family went to Lagoon for our first time last week thanks to Dee's friend K who got us some $10 passes.  The kids brought some friends along so Mike and I got to spend some quality time together.  The park is pretty small compared to the other theme parks we have visited, but I kind of liked that aspect, plus there were not really any lines since it was a Monday.

The "Wicked" was my favorite ride... it seriously made me laugh so Mike & I rode that a few times.  The "Rocket" was also fun but Mr-I-Don't-Like-Heights wouldn't ride it with me so I rode with the kids.  One of the park employees thought it would be funny to go into the back of the Terroride and jump out at me and Mike which almost made me pee my pants since I had already gone through once and wasn't expecting that.  I think they just like to pick on the old people! 

The kids all swore up and down that I wouldn't get wet on the Log Flume... LIARS!!!! I got absolutely drenched. The Spider, tilt-a-whirl and scrambler were more of my favs.

The food prices in there were not as bad as some of the other parks we have visited (although we did take lunch in the cooler... just bought snacks).  I ♥ the Snowies over by the Wicked ride... Tigers Blood is yummilicious... they were big enough to share and only $4!  And the brownies and cinnamon rolls were HUGE for just a couple of dollars each!  My favorite thing they do is give you huge cups of iced water for 25 cents (refills are free).  It means you don't have to carry a water bottle around or pay tons of money for bottled water! 

I felt like a kid again as we walked around, ate food, went on the rides and laughed.  I didn't remember to take a lot of pics and one of the kids friends, Kyle, had already left when I remembered to take them at the end of the day but here is what I had from my camera phone...


2 comments:

Denise said...

Whenever I see a picture of Dee, it takes me a minute to realize that it isn't you! I love the Do not sit on fence sign!

*~Petra~* said...

Me and Dee don't see it... but apparently everyone else does. LOL

And I know right? Like ANYONE would try and sit on that fence. It made me laugh.