Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Weekly Grind...


I seem to have  a LOT more time lately since I was released from working with the 12-18 year old girls at church.  It means I have been getting a lot of long over due projects completed... For example, this week I made copies of some videos we had taken on DVD for people who were waiting for them, I put a DVD together that my mum has been waiting for, I was able to re-design a friends blog for her, I have scrapbooked both layouts and cards, I cleaned out the pantry, I worked with the fam to plant marigolds and bushes in our front yard, I have been working on improving a composition of a choir version of "High On A Mountain Top" that I have written, plus I cooked FIVE meals this week, (that's a lot for me!)  I have also been trying hard to stay on top of the dishes and the laundry since hubby has been working his butt off with a couple of guys to get our basement finished.

I honestly do not remember the last time I got so many EXTRA things done in a week.  (Remember, I also work full time for a computer software company, 6am-2pm daily, so I am nowhere near the Super-Mom many of you ladies are!)  However, this week I have felt better.  I have just kept a running list of things I wanted to do, (I call it "The Weekly Grind"), and crossed them off as I went a long.  (Don't worry... there was plenty of time to have fun with the hubby & kids on top of the work.) 

Here is my Weekly Grind list for this week so far!
  • Go through the big box of paper I collected from around the house and sort/file/trash it!
  • Clean out the refrigerators & freezers
  • Spring clean me & hubby's bathroom
  • Cook nice meals for my fam each day (except Friday... that's date night!)
  • Launder our bedding
  • Get my visiting teaching done
  • Meet with the ladies who are singing for the next Relief Society Meeting
Of course there are other things to do... you know, normal stuff... dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc... but this is the EXTRA stuff I want to do.  What about you?  What do you want to accomplish?  What's on your Weekly Grind List for this week?

4 comments:

Higleys said...

Too long to even start. But on Friday I did Finally put away the kids baby clothes. I kept piling them up as I noticed they didn't fit. Now the pile is folded and put away in the closet.

R Clan said...

I so need to do something like this.

Karen said...

Cleaning out my refrigerator, freezer and kitchen cabinets...long overdue...

Tammy said...

Oh man, I posted a book on my blog about this !! I really need to post more often so they aren't so long!
I am so glad for you that you have some time back!