Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Night To Remember...

A couple of weeks ago my work took a bunch of us to Rodizio Grill and a Utah Jazz Game (the last one of the regular season), for one of those "bonding with the office folk" activities.  My hubby decided to drop me off at work that night so I could catch a ride with Jenna and not have to drive downtown by myself.  Jenna and my boss were pretty much the last ones to leave the office, and it turns out that because some people backed out at the last moment, there were a couple of extra tickets, so my boss asks hubby if he wants to tag along.  Hubby is still in his work clothes so he decides to run home and change and then meet us there.

Little did I know that hubby had eaten TWO fiber one bars on the way home from work, not knowing that he would be going anywhere or doing anything this particular evening.  About one quarter of the way in to the game, the fiber one bars kick in FULL GEAR!!!!  Bear in mind that we are sitting with at least 30 people from my work now.  All of a sudden there are pretty foul smells circulating through this tightly seated group.  Phrases such as "who the hell did that?" and "who the freak crapped his pants?" are being tossed around like a volleyball at the beach.  My hubby finds it completely funny and gets to laughing so hard that obviously they figure out he is the culprit.  I am completely embarrassed...

The next day, it is the only thing anyone is talking about at work and I am put through complete hell for the entire 8 hours I am there... If people aren't laughing, talking or asking about it, they are making fart sounds as I go by thinking the whole thing is hillariously funny.  People who weren't even there know about it.  I spend the entire day trying to explain that he had eaten fiber one bars and couldn't help himself, while profusely apologizing for HIS behavior.  Some of the employees had to be paid off with chocolate.

So my point is this... would hubby have behaved like this in front of his own co-workers?  I would say no.  Would he have let them go in front of all the women where he works?  Ummm... no again.  So why would he think it is ok to do this with the people I work with???

I can tell you this... He is NEVER coming to anything work related again... I don't think I will even let him come up in to the office to visit again.  My husband is BANNED!

Sweetie, it is a good job I love you... and that is all I have to say on this matter!! :)

6 comments:

Ruthanne said...

I am laughing about this all over again. Laughing so hard that I keep snorting. You are so incredibley brave to even post this. :)

Higleys said...

That stinks, pun intended. It's funny but you are right BANNED is the best choice

R Clan said...

Way to go Mike! You the MAN! That is one way of getting out of the BORING parties in which you have no clue who these people are or ever CARE to know. I still have coupon for you! ;)

Christine:) said...

Oh my goodness, that is so funny. I have to say that my husband is exactly the same way, and he WOULD do that in front of his coworkers. Totally embarassing, but I love him. Thanks for the laugh!

Joni said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny, that story was hilarious!

Kinouchiville said...

hehehehe....this has just brightened my day no end....miss you guys!! lol xxx