Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Fun...

I hope you all had a FABULOUS Mother's Day.  I was a little sad because my Mum was in England and therefore I didn't get to see her, but we did get to have a big family dinner with her before she & Pops left for their holiday.

I'm really, really sorry...  Sorry that I have the best mum in the whole wide world and you don't! :P


There is not much my mum can't do.  She is a fabulous cook (puts on the most magnificent spread no matter who is coming to dinner.)  She is an incredible seamstress (made all my homecoming/prom dresses and even my wedding dress!  She recently MADE all the curtains for her new house because she couldn't find any she liked!)  She is an amazing artist (have you been to her house?  She painted most of the paintings you see hanging around.)  She is a spiritual giant (I love how we can be chatting on the phone and she will tell me a scripture that she read that day and what she learned from it.)  She is THE best choir director ever (no offense to all the other choir directors out there, but she just is, and I have accompanied A LOT!)  I only wish I could be a mother like my mum.  She runs a home that you feel totally peaceful, comfortable and loved in, but still knows how to have fun!


LOVE YOU MUM!!!!  Don't kill me, it's a WAY cute pic. :)

Well my family went out of their way to make Mother's Day extra special for me.  I can honestly say I didn't have to lift a finger!  He made BLT's for breakfast, grilled T-bones for dinner and waited on me hand and foot.  He even surprised me by making reservations at The Roof for dinner on Saturday to celebrate.  If you have never been there, you have to go for a special occasion sometime.  It is one of the best meals ever!!!  We got there early because we were afraid we wouldn't find any parking because of the Jazz game, so we got to walk around Temple Square for a while.  I had no idea that Temple Square was soooooooooo beautiful in the Spring... they have thousands of Tulips and other flowers... It was breathtaking!  Well we had an hour before our reservations, so we got kind of silly with the pics.  We took some self portraits...










Then he let me take some "GQ" pics of him for us to laugh at... ha ha... he even smelled the flowers for me!





Finally, we went up to the restaurant for the most delicious meal.  The Roof Restaurant is on top of the Joseph Smith Building, (10th floor), and has a magnificent view of the Temple and the Capital It is very romantic and fancy.  They put on a completely gourmet spread with Prime Rib, Baked Ham, Chicken Cordon Blue in Cream Sauce, Pork with Cranberry Roulade, Beef Medallions, Fish (which I can't be specific about because I really don't eat it), Chef's choice of potatoes, shrimp, salmon, hors d'oeuvres, soups, salads, steamed veggies and a dessert bar you would not believe. I had tastes of just about everything savory (non-seafood). 


There is one dessert that I absolutely adore there though, and that is the Crème Brulee. 

This my friends is divinely sumptuous!

Now the most amusing part of evening was my hubby with the dessert bar.  We calculated by the end of the evening that he had downed AT LEAST 13 desserts... 







off to get more...


I was seriously getting sick just watching him!  (BTW, I think it is totally unfair that he can eat that much and not be fat!) 

Thank you to him and the kids for making the whole Mother's Day weekend so special for me. :)  I love you guys. :)

4 comments:

Ruthanne said...

You seriously need to blow up some of those pictures and put them in your house. WAY cute!

Denise said...

A. I love you mom.

B. What a fun Mother's Day!

Kinouchiville said...

Congrats to Uncle Mike for downing so many wonderful deserts!!! HIGH FIVE!!! Lovely to hear you had such a lovely Mothers Day Weekend :D now you know they can do so much you will have to ask for the special treatment more often ;o)xxxx

hdknowles said...

reading this a couple of weeks late and I have to agree - your mum is the best choir director ever! Sounds like you had a great day - the food looks scrumptious.