Thursday, April 29, 2010

From Donuts To Crumpets...

Yay!  Welcome to my new blog home... I'm so glad you found me. :)  I'm still a little bit under construction, so bear with me while I finish up! And don't forget to follow me at this new address!!!  Just click on that there button to the right.... ----->

Did you know I am British? By first sight and sound, most people don't. There is absolutely no accent unless I am around my extended family or I am VERY, very tired. If you were to meet me on the street you would think I was completely American and it surprises folks to hear that have a green card.  However, my birth certificate and my passport tell the true story. I am 100% British, half English, half Scottish.

It was my trip back to England last summer for my Granddad's funeral that reminded me of my home countries rich traditions and culture that is near and dear to my heart. The home I have built with my Yank Hubby is a home of mixed traditions and culture, so thus the name From Donuts To Crumpets!

What the heck is a crumpet you may ask?  You have heard the phrase before... "tea and crumpets" (said with a propper, posh English accent), but in reality, you really don't have a clue, do you! 

Behold... The Crumpet!


Smack that hot baby with some butter and some golden syrup and it is crunch through your teeth, crispy joy on the outside... melt in your mouth, spongy crumpet heaven on the inside.  (Thanks to all those holes in the top that just let the syrup drip through.)  Trust me when I say this is NOTHING like what Americans like to call an "English Muffin".  This, my friends, is pure unadulterated bliss.

So yeah, I luuuuuuuuurve crumpets.  There are in fact lots of things from my British Heritage that I like to force on um, share with my family...  Some things they love, others they don't... but it's always good fun for me for all of us!  So stick around and join in on our adventures... here on From Donuts To Crumpets! :)

9 comments:

R Clan said...

LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVE it!!!!! Yay! I finally got to change it. You are funny. Such a cute post. Can't wait to read more!!!

Joni said...

Mmmm those look yummy!

Good thing it was only your blog that moved and not your real address!

MaryBeth said...

I totally knew you were a Brit. I remember when you guys moved into our ward...best day ever!

hdknowles said...

Love the new look (deleted The Collins Clique off my blog list) and I can't wait to see what new and exciting things you'll have in store for us on this new blog. By the way, I do know what a crumpet is (do you like yours with lemon curd?).

Denise said...

Yeah, it looks like an English Muffin to me. I'll have to have my sister bring some crumpets with her she comes to the states in a couple of weeks and we will have a taste off.

Unless you are planning to go back to jolly old England, shouldn't the blog be called From Crumpets to Donuts?

Higleys said...

I knew it. I remember when you would go on Holiday and comeback with your refound British accent. What is the name of those fizzy candies your'd bring back? I have to agree with Denise, I think it should be from Crumpts to Doughnuts but either is good. I'll change your link right away.

*~Petra~* said...

Nope! The name is picked with the intent of me sharing my culture with my family... getting them to go from donuts to crumpets... :) I have some fun things planned for them... this way I can log it! :)

Higleys said...

I get it now. Good Choice. When are you planning a trip back home with the family?

Jessup Jive said...

Yay!! You know my maiden name is Crump. I have a lot of Brit in me!