Monday, March 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday...



One of my new organization goals I just set was to menu plan on Monday's. I was sure SOMEONE had to have already started a meme I could join up with for this and so I googled it. Turns out a lot of people think this is a great idea! Immediately I was taken to this cute site that I am soooooooooooo happy to have run across this month. Laura from I'm An Organizing Junkie, (I have always had the handle "techjunkie" on the web, so it was fun to see her known as "orgjunkie"), has over 300 ladies link up each week to Menu Plan Monday and I am excited to join up with them for the first time this week.

So here is what is going down at my house:
Monday: Well I am obviously late planning for this week and my entire family except me has the flu today so I'll probably be eating a can of Progresso soup and some nice crusty bread for dinner by myself in just a few minutes.
Tuesday: I have been dying to try this Lemon Chicken recipe from a friends new cooking blog but have not had any fresh parsley, so I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow on my way home from work and try it out with some rice and veggies. Yum!
Wednesday: My own quick "can of this, can of that" recipe for Sweet Spaghetti. (I've been debating on posting the recipe for this but there aren't that many things that I make that I am certain people are going to enjoy, and my two secret ingredients make this an anything but normal pasta dinner that I love to serve to company!)
Thursday: Baked Potato Bar. I just wrap the pricked potatoes individually in foil with a smidgen of butter when I get home from work and stick them in the oven an hour to an hour and a half before we want to eat. (400 degrees). Our favorite toppings are any combination of sour cream, butter, cheese, chopped ham, (the lean lunchmeat kind), chopped green onions, broccoli and those McCormick Salad Toppins, (that perfect combination of crunchy sunflower seeds, soybeans, onion, carrots and bacon bits with all kinds of seasoning mixed in that look like this...)

Friday: The Boys are going to The Devil Wears Prada Concert and Dee is going to a Sweet Sixteen Willy Wonka themed party, so I will probably treat myself to some yummy take out! Any suggestions for the Salt Lake County Area?

5 comments:

hdknowles said...

Just wanted to let you know that I tried your ham/peach preserves/ spicy mustard recipe from last week and it was delicious (I couldn't remember the spicy brown mustard while at the grocery store so I used Dijon instead). Now, if you want to share the spaghetti sauce off-line, you know how to reach me. Looking forward to more gastronomical delights from a techjunkie. Maybe you should start a recipe blog (haha).

Ruthanne said...

Wow...You organized woman you! I used to plan out a month worth of meals. Corey and I are going to sit down and schedule out the rest of the month soon.

Joni said...

Good job for being so organized! I too used to do that until I had 4 kids. I need to get back into planning. Thanks for the motivation.

Rudy Rukus said...

Hey you need to post! hehe

Joyce said...

Baking the potatoes with foil actually steams them. Try it without the foil and you get a nice crunchy skin and fluffy potato. Yummy!