Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday To My Baby Girl...

My baby girl turned Sweet 16 last Monday. I cannot believe how much she has grown up! She is amazing in so many ways and I am so proud of her. Within the last few weeks she has gotten both her Patriarchal Blessing and her Drivers License which have been BIG steps. Some parents might be distraught thinking of the new found freedom their teenager has hitting this age, but she is so honest and trustworthy, I could never doubt her word.

Here are a few other things I love about her:
  • She strives to be a righteous person and follow EVERY rule and standard set. She is a much better youth than I ever was!
  • She is absolutely beautiful on the inside and on the out.
  • I often find her with her light on way after bed time reading a scripture before she goes to bed.
  • She is a super cook and often bails me out when I just don't have the energy.
  • She is an amazing sports fan and knows much more about sports, (especially football), than many boys her age.
  • She is so good with children and will consequently be a much better mother than I am.
  • She sings like an angel and plays the piano. (And yay, she is back in voice lessons after a six month hiatus!)
  • She is a VERY good, safe, relaxed driver. She drives the speed limit constantly and doesn't mind sitting 5 minutes at an intersection until she feels it is clear enough to cross. (Of course, this might bug the people behind her, but I don't care!)
Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet Miss Dee!
May this coming year be just wonderful for you!
(If you want to see some pics of Dee growing up, you can check out last years post here.)

7 comments:

Alyse said...

We have just LOVED having Deanna in our class! She is so smart & super mature & we will really miss her! Don't tell the other kids, but Deanna was my favorite! Happy Birthday Deanna!

R Clan said...

She is wonderful! We love you Miss Dee!

Joni said...

This is such a sweet post! What a nice young lady you've got. She gives me hope that teenagers can be good even in this crazy world we live in. You guys are great parents!

Denise said...

Wow, what a joy. I can't believe that you have a 16 year old!

Tammy said...

she is so beautiful...a little lady...I have mixed feelings about her being 16...on one hand it is fun to see how she is growing into a young woman...on the other hand..it is a reminder of how I am changing into an old woman...thanks D...Happy Birthday to her...!

Jill said...

A quick note from far-a-way friends, Caroline and I also can't believe how the years are flying by! We sure miss you guys and hope DeAnna has a fabulous year! She will need to trade driving tips with Caroline now that they are both on the road!

Eileen said...

we have kids the same age. My oldest just turned 16 and I can't say that I'm handling it as well as you! His driving scares me. Even more than the scary driving is the fact that HE thinks he's a GREAT driver!

Good luck to both of us through the teen years!