My January focus was Health/Fitness/Beauty. I had a fun month and did some things that I wouldn't normally do... I spent a lot of time on the Wii Fit, tried to eat healthier, said no a lot more to treats than I usually do, painted my nails all kinds of wild colors to try and make them prettier... but there is so much more I need to do. For example, a very good friend of mine lent me the Slim In Six DVD. I almost DIED doing this!!! I seriously couldn't walk for like three days afterwards, and stairs??? I whimpered all the way up and down them. So I gave up on that way too quickly. I need to do other exercise other than just the Wii and I need to be less lazy and stop eating out so much and be better at cooking dinner. Anyway, that is why I picked this as my focus for January, because I have to keep on focusing on it the whoooooooooooole year. :)
So February is the month of Valentines and so I picked LOVE as my focus for this month. (As in improving relationships.) I am guilty of spending way too much time wrapped up in frivolous things... especially on the computer... like facebook and yes, even blogging and blog stalking. When I think about what I really want in life, it doesn't include being a virtual farmer or the high scorer on bejeweled blitz. And it certainly doesn't include me spending hours reading and commenting on the blogs of people I don't even know! I really want to be a good wife, a good mother, a good daughter, a good sister... and all of these things require nurturing relationships... the most important relationships... people I do know and love. They deserve the best of me. So here are some of my ideas on things I can do for this month:
- Have a date night with my hubby every week... one of those weeks at the Temple. (This is actually quite easy for us since my kids are old enough to take care of themselves.)
- Consciously think of little ways to make my hubby feel special each day. Make an effort to greet him when he comes through the door each night
- Have a mother/daughter date and a mother/son date at least once this month. (Mike Sr can take the other one out each time for father/child time.)
- Try to keep calm and keep my voice down when the kids are arguing or being ornery... only yelling if there is a fire! :)
- Plan a family day trip for one day this month.
- Have my mom and dad over for dinner once and go to their house to have a genealogy night.
- Temple Baptisms with all the extended family on Feb 12th at the Salt Lake Temple.
- Lunch with my two sisters who live in Utah once this month.
- Some kind of contact with my Brother & Sister who live in England this month, whether by phone, email, or letter.
Well there it is. I have also been considering closing down my Frugalityville blog since maintaining a second blog is simply time draining and that is more time away from my fam. My thought is to just post "Frugal Friday's" here on my personal blog where I can post the coupons, Smith's deals and other tips I have. I haven't made a final decision about this though...
What is your focus for February? If you post, leave me a comment with a link so I can come visit. :)