Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Happiness Project Blog Hop... January Goals...


All right! I am going to try and start a weekly Happiness Project Blog Hop which means I will post a suggested weekly topic/discussion (to do with the Happiness Project) that we can blog about each week, and once you have posted, you can add your link on the MckLinky Blog Hop below so we can all find each other easily and participate together! I sure hope you will join in! For this week, all you have to do is decide on and post your monthly categories for 2010 and then post your specific goals for your January category. Once you have posted, come back and link up! I can't wait to see what everyone else has chosen to work on for the year!

Fitness is my focus for January... for me that includes Health, Fitness & Beauty. I know, it sounds a bit shallow, but when I make an effort to look better, I feel happier. Here are my specific goals for this month:


  • Exercise 6 days a week (with Sunday being the day of rest.) As a side note, our family has made a rule that we are not allowed to watch TV, play on the computer or touch video games until we have done at least 20 mins cardio for the day... of course, once you have started you just keep going! :) So far this has been working really well for all of us!

  • Track myself on the Wii Fit as well as do some of the activities on there as extra calorie burners and for fun.

  • Eat more whole foods, less processed foods. I will buy more fruit and veggies, lean meats and cheese and more whole grains... less white flour products and less carbs. (I am a carb addict!) Less junk food for sure! I am enjoying trying new fruits for snacks... for example, I have found that I love Fuji apples, where as usually I am not an apple person at all!

  • Drink plenty of water! This is actually not hard for me since it is the only beverage I drink. :)

  • Moisturize my face and body and lips daily. It is so dry where I live!

  • Put a little extra effort in to how I look as far as my hair, clothes, make up and jewelry each day... for me and my hubby. :)

  • Take my vitamins and other daily meds that are needed for health and well-being

  • Wash my hands frequently to fight off germs and illness and keep my hands away from my mouth!

  • Stop biting my nails and keep them looking nice instead of all chewed up all the time!

Don't forget to check in on The Happiness Project Blog for daily inspiration and ideas. Also, check out the Happiness Project Toolbox which has eight different tools to help you on your journey! :)

(You can also add this MckLinky list to your own blog so that when one person adds a link, you will automatically show it on your blog too! Grab the HTML code below and paste it below your blog post content using the "Edit HTML" tab. Let me know if you need help!)


MckLinky Blog Hop

6 comments:

R Clan said...

I just had frozen grapes for the first time the other day. They are good for you and taste divine. That is something else to add to the healthy snacks. It will definitely help the sweet tooth.

*~Petra~* said...

Ha Ha! I told you they were good! :)

Denise said...

Ok, I'm in. (Forgive me for copying some of your sentences in my explanation. You saved me time!)

Karen said...

I'm in! I am working on mine...

Higleys said...

I want to be in but I'm too late for the blog hop can you help me?

*~Petra~* said...

Kristen, I added you in! :) I'm so excited to have you all doing this! YAY! :)