Thursday, January 28, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
- Dishes are no longer left lying around
- Granola bar wrappers are put straight in the trash
- The vacuuming gets done every other day
- The kids don't try and give you the "what? you are going on another date and leaving us home" crap because they want someone to be home with the pup
- The kitchen floor is swept regularly
- They no longer walk by ANY small items on the ground such as trash, paperclips, pencils... you know, stuff they would usually just step over and leave for me
- Bedrooms are staying tidy so they are puppy proof
We should have got a dog a long time ago, but shhhhhhh, don't tell them that... Since I "allowed" them to have a dog, I don't have to do a thing! ;)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 12:01 AM
Monday, January 18, 2010
DeAnna found this completely unacceptable as Saturday morning simply does not exist to her. (She sleeps till at least noon!) So on Friday night while Mike and I were on a date eating Chinese Food and browsing the stores she decided to do her part of the cleaning. She chose the vacuuming (the entire house) and sweeping the entrance hall. After finishing up, she thought she would go the extra mile and give the wood floor in the entrance hall a deep clean. She went searching through the cleaners and found this which had a picture of some wood on the front of it (so naturally, it would be perfect to clean the floor with):
I am not sure which is funnier... watching Mike Jr fall on his rear about ten times since then or watching the puppy go sliding across the floor every time she runs to the door or comes down the stairs. LOL :) Love ya Dee! ♥
Posted by *~Petra~* at 11:35 AM
Friday, January 15, 2010
I was completely lost at first... I don't know what ANYTHING is. (Seriously, I had to ask what everyone else must have thought were really dumb questions.) But Brandie was very patient and showed me everything I needed to do and know, so basically I just had to follow her models! I was very pleased with the results and found it super therapeutic. I can't wait to do some more! :)
Here were my very first projects. My first card (I've always wanted to make these!):
...and my first page! (I obviously haven't attached the pic on it yet, just threw my fav one on there for the pic!)
Can't wait to get next months kit and get started! :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 5:08 PM
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I am so happy to have had some people sign up for the Happiness Project Blog Hop! It helps so much to have people to be accountable to and to know I am not alone in this mission to become happier! :) If you haven't started yet, it is NEVER too late to join us!
We are on week two. For this week, if you haven't already, post your goals for the month and then tell us how you are doing on them. Also include any thing you have learned and any changes you have made! Then LINK UP by adding your post to the MckLinky List at the bottom of my post.
You can also add this same list of links to your blog by clicking HERE for instructions and code! This means any time anyone adds themselves to the list on any one of our blogs, we will all get them added to our list too and that will enable us to hop around and visit other people participating in this project and give them support too! :) (Thus the name, BLOG HOP!)
Remember, the core of a happiness project is to...
- identify elements of your life that you want to change
- find concrete, measurable resolutions that, if kept, will help you bring about that change
- hold yourself accountable for keeping your resolutions
- decide whether you want to adjust, toss, or re-commit to a resolution
I think that last point is important to note, because it allows us to make changes as we deem necessary!
A tip from Gretchen is that resolutions work best when they’re very specific, so you know whether you’ve kept your resolution or not. Accountability is key!
She also has some great examples of specific goals you can set under different categories:
- Attitude: Give positive reviews. Don’t talk about my irritations.
- Clutter: Put dishes in the dishwasher immediately. Make my bed each morning.
- Creativity & Writing: Write a novel in a month. Keep “morning pages.” Take notes.
- Diet, Exercise & Health: Take a 20-minute walk each day. Eat protein at breakfast.
- Family & Children: Make my children dissolve in laughter at least once a day. Read a chapter out loud every night.
- Friends: No gossip. No “topping.” Show up.
- Fun: Try a new restaurant each time I eat out. Go to a game instead of watching it on TV.
- Gratitude: As I stand in the shower, count my blessings. Sincerely thank two people each day.
- Helping Others: Volunteer at the thrift shop. Sign up for the breast-cancer walk-a-thon.
- Memories & Traditions: Organize all the photos in tidy boxes. Take a five- minute video of my kids each Sunday night.
- Mindfulness: Put up sticky notes to remind myself to “be.” Don’t listen to my iPod on the way to work.
- Money: Pay down twice the minimum on my credit card debt each month. Buy needful things.
- Relationships & Marriage: Don’t expect thanks. Think of small treats.
- Religion & Spirituality: Read the Bible every day. Meditate each morning.
- Work: Go to a professional conference. Sign up for training on the new computer program.
For more information about The Happiness Project 2010, visit Author Gretchen Rubins Happiness Project Blog.
For more tools to help you with YOUR Happiness Project, visit Gretchen's Happiness Project Toolbox!
Posted by *~Petra~* at 6:45 PM
Monday, January 11, 2010
Meet the newest member of our family... Miley. (You probably think she got her name from teen pop star Miley Cyrus, but actually, it is after the awesome Dallas Cowboys wide receiver, Miles Austin.) She is a miniature shih tzu puppy who weighs about 4 pounds and is almost 12 inches long. This picture doesn't do her size justice at all... she is so tiny and cute and she is incredibly playful and loving. She doesn't shed at ALL and has captured our hearts immediately with her snuggling and playfulness. She is an absolutely perfect fit with our family and is already spoiled rotten. We love you Miley! ♥
Posted by *~Petra~* at 8:57 PM
Monday, January 4, 2010
I forgot my camera (idiot), so these flying pics were taken on my cell phone and therefore aren't great, but you can match up the person by the color of their outfit to the pics above. :) If you want to get a REALLY good idea of how fun this is, ask me to see the I-Fly video my mom purchased of them the next time you are at my house. It is AWESOME! :) (Who knows, when I get a bit of extra time, maybe I'll post it to YouTube!)
New Years Eve Jenna and Erik took us all tubing at Gorgoza Park in Park City. The worst part about sledding/tubing is that you usually have to climb the hill before you can go down it. That is not the case here! They hook you up to a pulley that drags you up the mountain... that part is almost as fun as coming down!
I had my very first spa experience when Jenna also treated me to a spa day at the Grand America Hotel in Downtown Salt Lake two days before Christmas, (for my Birthday), We got facials, massages, and manicures as well as sitting in a eucalyptus steam room. It was heavenly! Every mom should get a spa day right before Christmas... it was soooooooo relaxing! :)
We also went to see this movie, which we really enjoyed! If you like mysteries that keep you guessing till the end, you will enjoy this... not to mention the relationship between Holmes and Watson is well developed and entertaining!
Is it any wonder I didn't want to go back to work today??????????
Posted by *~Petra~* at 10:06 PM
Saturday, January 2, 2010
All right! I am going to try and start a weekly Happiness Project Blog Hop which means I will post a suggested weekly topic/discussion (to do with the Happiness Project) that we can blog about each week, and once you have posted, you can add your link on the MckLinky Blog Hop below so we can all find each other easily and participate together! I sure hope you will join in! For this week, all you have to do is decide on and post your monthly categories for 2010 and then post your specific goals for your January category. Once you have posted, come back and link up! I can't wait to see what everyone else has chosen to work on for the year!
Fitness is my focus for January... for me that includes Health, Fitness & Beauty. I know, it sounds a bit shallow, but when I make an effort to look better, I feel happier. Here are my specific goals for this month:
- Exercise 6 days a week (with Sunday being the day of rest.) As a side note, our family has made a rule that we are not allowed to watch TV, play on the computer or touch video games until we have done at least 20 mins cardio for the day... of course, once you have started you just keep going! :) So far this has been working really well for all of us!
- Track myself on the Wii Fit as well as do some of the activities on there as extra calorie burners and for fun.
- Eat more whole foods, less processed foods. I will buy more fruit and veggies, lean meats and cheese and more whole grains... less white flour products and less carbs. (I am a carb addict!) Less junk food for sure! I am enjoying trying new fruits for snacks... for example, I have found that I love Fuji apples, where as usually I am not an apple person at all!
- Drink plenty of water! This is actually not hard for me since it is the only beverage I drink. :)
- Moisturize my face and body and lips daily. It is so dry where I live!
- Put a little extra effort in to how I look as far as my hair, clothes, make up and jewelry each day... for me and my hubby. :)
- Take my vitamins and other daily meds that are needed for health and well-being
- Wash my hands frequently to fight off germs and illness and keep my hands away from my mouth!
- Stop biting my nails and keep them looking nice instead of all chewed up all the time!
Posted by *~Petra~* at 8:11 PM