Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Happiness Project 2010... JOIN ME!!!

I have been working on my Happiness Project for 2010, (see this Woman's Day article, "C'mon, Get Happy" by Gretchen Rubin for an overview), and have come up with my 12 categories to work on that will make myself a happier person. The idea is to have one area per month to concentrate on, but you continue concentrating on each one so by the end of the year you are working on all 12! (There is also a really cool blog that you can check in on to give you ideas and keep you focused... http://www.happiness-project.com/.)

Here is what I decided my happiness project will look like:

January: Fitness
February: Love
March: Saving
April: Spirituality
May: Parenting
June: Cleanliness
July: Writing
August: Friendship
September: Home Improvement
October: Music
November: Thankfulness
December: Service

So Each month I will be setting goals and focusing on these categories. January I will be working on exercising, eating right and health in general. Wanna join me? Develop your own Happiness Project and post about it, then let me know in the comments so I can come read about it. I would love to have a group of us working on this together! If there are enough people interested, we could start a Monday Blog Hop or something where we all post about our Happiness Project accomplishments and Goals! :) We can all use a little more happiness in our lives!

6 comments:

Cheryl Martinson said...

Fabulous project. I'm on a similar project myself. Let me know how yours turns out. I'll certainly cheer you on:)

~Cheryl Martinson

Denise said...

This is a great idea. I might just join you.

Higleys said...

Sounds great

Henich Family said...

Count me in!!!

The Hansen Clan said...

I'm in! My 12 will be on my blog - yes, my resurrected blog!!

Gretchen said...

I saw the nice mention of my book, The Happiness Project, here. I very much appreciate those kind words and you shinning a spotlight on my work. Thanks and best wishes,
Gretchen