Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Julie & Julia


Oh my goodness. I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this movie.

I took Miss Dee to the Dr this morning and she has strep. :( When I grabbed her prescription I saw the redbox machine and thought I would grab a movie for her to watch since she wouldn't be doing much of anything else. Well Dee LOVES cooking and we had talked about this movie when it first came out and how cute it looked because it was based on two true stories... the story of Julia Childs and the story of Julie Powell, an office worker who wants to be a writer. Julie who feels overwhelmed with the mundane-ness of her life, decides to cook through every recipe in Julia Childs cookbook (524 recipes) in one year and blog about it.

Well, about 4pm I started puking and wasn't feeling too good all afternoon/evening so I did something I don't often do... I actually sat down and watched the movie with Miss Dee while Hubby and Mike were out. It was so dang cute. I found it inspiring and heartwarming. I don't know if it was because I felt like I identified so closely with Julie Powell, or because I fell in love with Julia Childs and her bubbly personality, or because I found the relationship between Julia Childs and her husband so romantic. But the combination of all these things and more made it climb up to the top of my chick flick list. :)

6 comments:

My Name's Sarah said...

Oooh! I'm glad it's out on video. Randy wouldn't go see it with me :(

hdknowles said...

We saw in when it first came out - I loved the movie and all the things you indicated. We read My Life in France for bookclub last month. You should check that out - more detail about her relationship with Paul, and the hardship of trying to produce a cooking show for TV in the 50s. Hope you are feeling better.

Ruthanne said...

Sounds like I better get it. Hope you guys start feeling better soon.

Denise said...

Feel better! Strep stinks.

Jane said...

Sorry to hear you are both sick. I saw the movie in the theater and LOVED it! Wasn't Meryl Streep amazing, I thought I was really watching Julia Child. Only problem is, I wanted to go home and eat a stick of butter afterwards.

Karen said...

That sounds good! I'll have to check it out.