Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday Therapy...

I remember being a teenager...
I remember the ups and downs of what I thought love was...
I remember having my heart crushed and thinking life was over...
I remember thinking I would never find love again...

I wish you could see your future...
I wish you could know what it is like to truly fall in love...
I wish you could realize they aren't worth the heartache, that there are others much better for you out there...
I wish you could see how insignificant he will be five years from now...

I hope you will continue to open your heart...
I hope you have a life full of as much love as I have had...

I hope you will look at your true love years from now and remember, that all this heartache didn't matter...
I hope God grants me the lifespan to be there to see it...

6 comments:

Higleys said...

Heartache always makes true love sweeter

Denise said...

:0)

Dan and Melissa said...

What a beautiful poem! I think it's so true...I want to keep it for my daughters when they're teenagers and they go through their "break-ups or heart aches."

R Clan said...

I love that! It is so true.

*~Petra~* said...

Thanks guys! I wrote it from the heart. :)

Joni said...

Beautiful poem, it is so true, if we only could see the future.