Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The price of being a woman...

Men have it great. A two minute shower, throw on whatever is clean, fingers through the hair and they are out the door. That's it? Seriously?

We women go through WAY too much to try and make ourselves beautiful. We spend about an hour every morning getting ourselves as pretty as we can... shower, body wash, shaving, make up, curlers, straighteners, perfume, six different outfits before we find the one that is "just right" for the day. Then there is the shoes, the purse, our finger nails, toe nails, lotion, jewelry... when does it end???? And heaven forbid we go out anywhere that evening because the morning beautification has been obliterated by then and we have to pretty much start all over. It's madness I tell you!

Does a man ever turn to you and say:
  • Does I look fat in this?
  • Which pair of shoes looks better with these pants?
  • I am having a terrible hair day!
  • Dang it, I chipped my nail.
  • I can't wear that to church, I wore it last Sunday!
It's bad enough that women go through sooooooo much to try and look prettier, but there is one thing that I seriously question our sanity over. WAXING. Why oh why do we allow ourselves to be put through this dreadful psychotic ritual??? It is torturous! Putting hot wax on our bodies, spreading a cloth over it and RIPPING it off when it starts to dry??? I would like to know who thought of this and what on earth made them think that it was a good idea at the time...

And THAT is what went through my head while I watched my daughter get her eyebrows waxed today at the salon!

4 comments:

R Clan said...

LOL...That is funny. I, for one, have never had my eyes waxed.

Denise said...

You are passing the madness on to a new generation! I actually miss all of that because I just don't have the time right now. I feel much better when I've taken an hour to get ready. I don't think it will happen again for me for quite sometime, though.

Higleys said...

Crazy, yes we are Crazy

Rudy Rukus said...

I have never been waxed and I refuse to do it!! I will just have to get laser surgery some day. haha