Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween...

This is the first year that I actually spent Halloween by myself! Mike and the kids went to the Utes game thanks to some VERY generous friends. I was glad they got the opportunity to go... they had an absolutely FABULOUS time! It was a hard decision for me not to go with them, but I had been making plans for the little kiddies in the neighborhood for weeks and wanted to be home to hand out candy.

I spent the afternoon fixing up the house for the trick or treaters. It took me almost 45 minutes just to do the spider web, but I was really pleased with how it turned out. I also fixed up the lights, put together a small graveyard, turned on the fog machine, put some spooky music on the front porch and dressed up like a witch. It was so much fun! I enjoyed "performing" for the kids and was surprised how many of them would come up to me even though they were small and a little hesitant at first... after all, even the little ones who I have spent LOTS of time with didn't recognize me! By the end of the night I had over 100 kids come by, so it was well worth it. :)


I did miss sharing all the festivities with my family, but we all had a great evening and kept in close contact thanks to cell phones! Hope you guys had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN too. :)

4 comments:

Rudy Rukus said...

Look how festive you are. I must say I was a little disappointed you didn't go to the game but oh well maybe next time???

TKAK said...

I can see why you wanted to stay...great job with your house and costume!

R Clan said...

It looked fabulous. Now to plan next years. lol :D

Alison said...

How fun! You did a great job with the spiderwebs and you also make a great looking witch.