Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BFF's forever...

Directly across the street, there is a house that looks exactly like ours (except for the color).

This is the house where Kayla lives. Kayla is DeAnna's best friend. They met the summer we moved here to Utah at church. At that time we lived down the road in a different set of houses, but they still bonded and walked back and forth spending lots of time together. When we bought our own house this past April, an added perk was that Kayla lived right across the street. The last seven months have brought them even closer, although I would have never thought that would have been possible. DeAnna and Kayla have become almost inseparable! You may or may not have seen them on youtube doing a music video together. While we only posted that one video, we have HOURS of video of those two doing funny stuff together. I love to see the two of them run across the street to each others house... not caring what they are wearing... make up or no make up... shoeless... at 1am... It is friendship in it's absolute finest form.

Kayla has also become like another daughter to me. You will even see her on my facebook as part of my stick figure family because we always joke that she practically lives at my house. :) The fact that I am also their YW president has only added to my connection with them. They can talk me in to just about anything, including driving them to outrageous places like Kaysville and Provo for sophomore football games. :) I love these two... I love what their friendship represents. It has become so that if they disagree on something, they just sit down and work it out... it is absolutely amazing.

So you can imagine what a blow it was on Saturday to find out that Kayla and her family are moving to West Valley this week. I know, it is not that far away. But it is out of our ward boundaries, and it is definitely more than a quick shoeless sprint across the road. :( It has been a really tough few days at our house. I try not to burst in to tears every time I see the two of them. They have both had some pretty major breakdowns and feel like their world is coming to an end. I know better... They are old enough that their friendship will survive this... within a few months they will both have full blown drivers licenses that will allow them to drive back and forth between their houses... and they will easily talk me in to doing it until then, because I know this friendship is definitley worth it.

So Dee & K... I love you guys very, very much. Everything is going to work out just fine. You will still be best friends forever and ever... Jannalee and I will make sure of it. :) Here is a tribute to you two!

5 comments:

Denise said...

That is so sweet. After we moved to Mi, I came across a picture of Jackson and his next door neighbor and best bud, Jr. I actually cried while looking at the picture. Who knew a random 5 year old could bring up such emotion. It won't be the same, but I'm sure they will be friends forever.

R Clan said...

That was seriously the cutest video ever. So glad that they aren't moving out of state because that would seriously tear them up more than it already has. You really should go into the video making business. You do such an awesome job.

Joni said...

Oh, they must be so sad! When Mike told me the Curtis family was moving, the first person I thought of was DeAnna. How sad! It isn't easy to find a friendship like that.

Higleys said...

Love the video.

Tammy said...

Such a cute video and so sad she is moving! will they be in the same school still??

and P.S. farts on the couch are the gifts that keep on giving, that totally could have been left by someone else! sometimes two rounds of 'Febreeze' are needed!