- Family, family, family :)
- My husband graduating and getting a job that he loves
- Teenagers... even with all their attitude
- A hubby who isn't afraid to do laundry or whatever else needs doing
- Finally buying our own home
- My parents deciding to stay in Utah after their mission
- Being able to visit my home land for the first time in 17 years, even though it was for a sad occasion
- A fabulous ward with fabulous friends and neighbors
- The Oquirrh Mountain Temple
- Scriptures and Prayers
- Both of us keeping our jobs through a lousy economy
- Trampolines and jacuzzi tubs
- Dinner on the deck
- Filtered water straight from the refrigerator door... mmmmmmm
- Starting a food storage
- Not living paycheck to paycheck
- Living, Laughing & Loving :)
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Posted by *~Petra~* at 2:08 PM
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- Lifting a frozen turkey into your cart seems like a good workout
- People notice when you wear purple eyeliner
- Shaving your legs becomes a once in a while thing
- Your mom shares a video of you as a teen and then proceeds to tell you the video is 21 years old
- You take ibuprofen with your vitamins every day
- Your sink has eye cream, wrinkle serum AND moisturizer on it
- Unless you are wearing make-up, you look like a raccoon
- You have to limit your liquid intake at night
- Bed time is before 10pm
- You consider 7am sleeping in
- Your kids think it is funny that there was no Internet or cell phones when you were their age
- Your daughter begs to text for you because you are too slow
- You are checking the amount of fiber in everything you buy
- Your purse looks like a pharmacy exploded in it
- You buy face powder that has "botafirm" in it
- You have to do your roots every 2 weeks to cover the WHITE
- You can only count three couples in the whole ward that are older than you
- Your birthday seems more of a commiseration rather than a celebration
Posted by *~Petra~* at 7:41 PM
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I remember the ups and downs of what I thought love was...
I remember having my heart crushed and thinking life was over...
I remember thinking I would never find love again...
I wish you could see your future...
I wish you could know what it is like to truly fall in love...
I wish you could realize they aren't worth the heartache, that there are others much better for you out there...
I wish you could see how insignificant he will be five years from now...
I hope you will continue to open your heart...
I hope you have a life full of as much love as I have had...
I hope you will look at your true love years from now and remember, that all this heartache didn't matter...
I hope God grants me the lifespan to be there to see it...
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:04 PM
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
We women go through WAY too much to try and make ourselves beautiful. We spend about an hour every morning getting ourselves as pretty as we can... shower, body wash, shaving, make up, curlers, straighteners, perfume, six different outfits before we find the one that is "just right" for the day. Then there is the shoes, the purse, our finger nails, toe nails, lotion, jewelry... when does it end???? And heaven forbid we go out anywhere that evening because the morning beautification has been obliterated by then and we have to pretty much start all over. It's madness I tell you!
Does a man ever turn to you and say:
- Does I look fat in this?
- Which pair of shoes looks better with these pants?
- I am having a terrible hair day!
- Dang it, I chipped my nail.
- I can't wear that to church, I wore it last Sunday!
And THAT is what went through my head while I watched my daughter get her eyebrows waxed today at the salon!
Posted by *~Petra~* at 6:34 PM
Monday, November 16, 2009
- Packing me breakfast AND lunch this morning
- Texting me through the day to let me know you were thinking of me
- Fixing the toilet paper holder in the bathroom
- Throwing in a load of laundry
- Going to the store with me even though you just got home from work
Posted by *~Petra~* at 9:00 PM
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I just recently saw the video and it is soooooooooooo cute... especially the end. :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 8:26 PM
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Flu, stomach bugs, colds, sinus infections, knees, backs, ankles, strep...
I am SO sick and TIRED of buying lysol and gatorade and going to the doctor...
Thanks, just needed to get that off my chest. :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 3:02 PM
Monday, November 9, 2009
There is no catch to this website. There is no advertising, no hidden agendas. Just come and be a part of the movement to live on a little bit less and stash that saved cash for rainy days.
Don't start the New Year with "now due" credit card bills that will put tremendous strain on you and your family. With a little pre-planning you can have a beautiful Christmas that will be heavier on the "Merry", but hopefully a little lighter on the wallet.
I really want to help as many people as I can, so please link up and share this website with all your friends! :)
Friday, November 6, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
This is the house where Kayla lives. Kayla is DeAnna's best friend. They met the summer we moved here to Utah at church. At that time we lived down the road in a different set of houses, but they still bonded and walked back and forth spending lots of time together. When we bought our own house this past April, an added perk was that Kayla lived right across the street. The last seven months have brought them even closer, although I would have never thought that would have been possible. DeAnna and Kayla have become almost inseparable! You may or may not have seen them on youtube doing a music video together. While we only posted that one video, we have HOURS of video of those two doing funny stuff together. I love to see the two of them run across the street to each others house... not caring what they are wearing... make up or no make up... shoeless... at 1am... It is friendship in it's absolute finest form.
Kayla has also become like another daughter to me. You will even see her on my facebook as part of my stick figure family because we always joke that she practically lives at my house. :) The fact that I am also their YW president has only added to my connection with them. They can talk me in to just about anything, including driving them to outrageous places like Kaysville and Provo for sophomore football games. :) I love these two... I love what their friendship represents. It has become so that if they disagree on something, they just sit down and work it out... it is absolutely amazing.
So you can imagine what a blow it was on Saturday to find out that Kayla and her family are moving to West Valley this week. I know, it is not that far away. But it is out of our ward boundaries, and it is definitely more than a quick shoeless sprint across the road. :( It has been a really tough few days at our house. I try not to burst in to tears every time I see the two of them. They have both had some pretty major breakdowns and feel like their world is coming to an end. I know better... They are old enough that their friendship will survive this... within a few months they will both have full blown drivers licenses that will allow them to drive back and forth between their houses... and they will easily talk me in to doing it until then, because I know this friendship is definitley worth it.
So Dee & K... I love you guys very, very much. Everything is going to work out just fine. You will still be best friends forever and ever... Jannalee and I will make sure of it. :) Here is a tribute to you two!
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:25 PM
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I spent the afternoon fixing up the house for the trick or treaters. It took me almost 45 minutes just to do the spider web, but I was really pleased with how it turned out. I also fixed up the lights, put together a small graveyard, turned on the fog machine, put some spooky music on the front porch and dressed up like a witch. It was so much fun! I enjoyed "performing" for the kids and was surprised how many of them would come up to me even though they were small and a little hesitant at first... after all, even the little ones who I have spent LOTS of time with didn't recognize me! By the end of the night I had over 100 kids come by, so it was well worth it. :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 7:32 PM