Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some of my favorite people...

Last week our youth had the opportunity to go and do baptisms for the first time in our new temple... The Oquirrh Mountain Temple (which was just dedicated on August 21st-23rd). I was so excited to see 11 of them show up... That is the most youth we have EVER had go to the temple on one night. (Aren't they a great looking bunch of kids?) It was one of the BEST experiences I have ever had with the youth in the temple in my whole life. (It probably didn't hurt that my hubby and two kids were both there too!) I couldn't help feeling elated the whole time we were there and for many days afterwards.

I am so grateful for temples and the eternal blessings they offer to families. If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the blessings the gospel can bring to your family, please visit mormon.org. :)

4 comments:

Rudy Rukus said...

That is so great! What great kids glad you are their leader you are so great!

Higleys said...

When I saw the tittle on my page I thought " I better be listed" I think the group you chose is better. I'm glad you had such a great turn out. Handsome bunch the lot of them.

Cindy said...

What a great opportunity. I've had some like that over the years and it makes you feel so good inside.

Joni said...

Mike also thought it was a very special spiritual and nice experience for him and the youth. Thanks for being a great YW President, you make my hubby's life easier because you are dedicated and love the YW.