Friday, September 25, 2009

Seeing the cup half full...

Mike has had a rough couple of weeks with his knee injury. (BTW, this mom thinks that dads that want their sons to play football should be the ones to take them to all the doctors appointments when they get injured... just sayin'!)

Anyway, despite not being able to do all the things he is used to, (walking in general for the first few days, playing outside, jumping on the tramp, running around the neighborhood, playing football etc., etc.), we were able to find one thing he enjoyed thoroughly:

Thanks to everyone who has kept him in their prayers. The good news is that he hasn't torn his ACL as they originally thought he might have. He has "Patellar Tendinitis" which is also known as jumpers knee. They have given him a new brace which basically becomes part of his skin flexing with his muscles while keeping the inflammation down. Much to his dads delight, (and his moms chagrin), he is allowed to return to football as the pain allows. Hopefully they will both be smart about this one. :)

10 comments:

R Clan said...

I am happy he is able to play again as I know he loves it.

Higleys said...

I think the dad should take a player to the Doctors appointments. Glad he is feeling better

Rudy Rukus said...

So being an avid football supporter I am going to have to say something here. Sorry. I know you think I am nice BUT you let your daughter drive and that is far more dangerous than playing football. Just sayin'. I do agree that the dad should take the injured child to the appointments but there are worse things than team sports. I know it saved my husband and MANY of his friends from a life of gangs, drugs and prison. Sorry just my two cents! Hope you will still love me!
Brandie

Joni said...

Oh poor guy. I agree, sports keeps kids out of trouble sometimes. Good luck with the knee!

*~Petra~* said...

Oh Brandie, of course I still love you!:) I am all for honesty and you make excellent points! It's not that I don't want him to play football, my chagrin is just from the fact that I don't think he is READY to go back to it yet... it's the over protective mother in me... he has just been in so much pain that I want to be sure he is completely healed before he goes back to it. :)

Rudy Rukus said...

Your husband and son are guest starts on my first VLOG. I linked to your blog hope that is okay!!!

Alison said...

hope he's better soon. I like sports and overprotective mothers :)

We are the Mayletts said...

My kids always want to drive the cart...Take Advantage boy!

Dan and Melissa said...

AAA poor Mike sorry to hear about your knee! You seem to have bad luck! I love your "over the rainbow" rendition though!

Krista said...

I always wanted to play football, but my mom made me be a cheerleader. Considering that I am "so clumsy I am almost disabled" it was probably a good choice on her part. I totally agree with Brandie, though. There is nothing better than watching a football game. Go Football!!!!