Thursday, July 2, 2009

A good read...

I have read the Twilight series so many times that I can probably almost quote the thing. But I loved the romance and the adventure and I haven't been able to find anything comparable to it... until now.

My mum recently lent me a book called "The Hour Glass Door" by Lisa Mangum.


It hasn't got any vampires in it, but it has got characters that are believable, an intriguing love story and an original plot. I really enjoyed it immensely and if you liked Edward, I have a feeling you will find yourself easily attached to Dante.

I am warning you ahead of time, the next book doesn't come out until the Summer of 2010, but I don't think you will regret reading it one bit. It's an easy read, and if you're like me, you won't want to put it down. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

First of all thank you for stopping by my blog, your comment is comforting to me. How did you survive?? This book sounds great, I want to check it out!! Your daughter looks just like you!!

couplabz said...

Thanks! I'll look for it. I am always looking for a good book to read. Unfortunately, I can't re-read many books. I am currently enjoying The Brothers series. Very good.

Alison said...

I still haven't read Twilight, but I do have it on hold at the library. I am always looking for a good read.

Krista said...

I am so excited. The neighborhood girls are a little concerned about my Twilight obsession. I will have to go to the library tomorrow.

Stacey said...

Hi Petra, Hope you don't mind, found your blog when I was looking at Jane's. I'm a reader so I'm going check out this book! I wonder if she's related to me? hmmm...

Susan said...

I'll put in on my library list. Thanks for the recommendation.