Friday, June 19, 2009

Photo Software...

I ran a couple of posts about photo imaging software on my Frugalityville blog that some of you may be interested in. Check out this post on Google Picasa which is completely free and this post about a good deal on Photoshop Elements 7 (as well as information about where you can get free online classes including ones on digital photography!)

Do you have favorite photo imaging software that you use? I have an old, but complete version of Adobe Photoshop that I have used for a few years, however I am looking to upgrade and have downloaded the free thirty day trial of Photoshop Elements 7 to see if it might be a little simpler to use than the full blown Photoshop. I have heard good things about it, and with it available for about $60 right now... well, that is a steal for anything Photoshop related.

I am interested to hear comments and reviews on various software from people I know though, so let me know! :)

4 comments:

Jane said...

I have photoshop elements too, if you buy it there is a book by Scott Kelby that I have found extremely helpful and as simple as it gets. Have you heard of picnik.com? It is free (you can pay a premium membership for about $25/yr.) and you can do all sorts of editing, collages, etc. with it. It is really easy to use, I love it and use it way more often than my photoshop elements. I like picnik because Photoshop overwhelms the heck out of me. I am trying to learn how to use my camera then maybe I can find time to learn photoshop.

My Name's Sarah said...

What do you think of the new photoshop, Petra? How would you compare it to Google's Picasa or Picaso (whatever it is)? I'm taking a photograpy class at MC that starts in a couple of weeks and I wanted to play with a program.

Cindy said...

I like Photoshop Elements because I can do editing for photographs. I had some experience with regular Photoshop and they have just made it a little easier to use (still now as easy as some other programs if all you want to do is store and organize photos). I use it to edit clip art for school (I'm on a curriculum writing team). Anyway, both Picasa2 and Photoshop Elements 7.0 are good.

Karen said...

I love Picasa and Photoshop Elements. I'm not sure what version I have. I love the way Picasa organizes all of your photos by date showing thumbnails of each. It is really easy to find a photo that way. All the free Google products I have used I have really liked. Calendar is really good and easy to use also.