Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Choose your battles...

My sons hair has been driving me crazy. I admit it... I like a clean cut boy. This long hair stuff has made me have to bite my tongue. The only reason I have endured it is because my wise mother told me I needed to choose my battles. "Hair can be changed, tattoo's can't... be glad his rebellion is his hair."

They are wise words. Still, I couldn't help do the happy dance on Sunday when I heard him say he wanted his hair buzzed. Really? Today??? BUT IT'S SUNDAY!!!! What if he changed his mind before I could take him to the barber shop on Monday?

Thank heavens for friends with clippers. Dad did the honors. Here are the before and after pics:


Hitting golf balls with Dad on Friday... this is what was left
of Dad's club when Jr got a hold of it. LOL

Today... My cute little boy is back. I just want to pinch his cheeks. :)

6 comments:

Higleys said...

I do like the short hair better.

R Clan said...

I like the clean cut too. He's just a good looking kid all together anyway.

Joni said...

Nice cut, short hair is definately better, good for him!

MaryBeth said...

Welcome back dude!

Jane said...

Handsome kid, I love the short clean cut too.

Karen said...

Shayne is only 7 and we are already having the "I don't want to get a haircut" battle...