Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Dee!!!

March 22, 1994 seems like an eternity ago. I was only 21 years old at the time and I was on the way to Shady Grove Hospital in Gaithersburg to give birth to my first baby. I was two weeks late, (what is it about my kids and being late?), and so I had been brought in to be induced.

Would it be a boy or a girl? We didn't know. The baby had been way modest through both sonograms keeping it's legs crossed, so it was going to be a surprise. We had a list of six girls names and six boys names but as soon as she came out we both knew she was our "DeAnna".

There are so many things I love/make me laugh about DeAnna. Here are a few of them:

  • She is in EVERY way a drama queen. I love to watch her perform on stage. She has no fear whatsoever... but she "performs" quite frequently at home too. Give it up girl... I know every trick in the book. ;)
  • She always says "I love you" at least three times on the phone before she hangs up with you.
  • She is a total girly girl. I don't know how she can be my daughter. She has purses, shoes and nail polish for every outfit.
  • Even though she is a girly girl, she LOVES sports. Especially football. In fact, I would say she is the biggest football fan in the house... and anyone who knows her Dad knows that is saying something!
  • She works hard to act like nothing bothers her... no matter how hard we to try to get under her skin.
  • She cooks dinner for me quite frequently... and lots of treats too. What mother wouldn't love that?
  • She is a hard worker and gets amazing grades... even if she hands in ten assignments just before the end of the quarter to bring her grade up.
  • If you kiss her on one cheek or touch one arm she insists you do it the other side too. How quirky... it makes me laugh.
  • She hates lotion... to the point where I have to go in late at night and rub it on her hands while she is sleeping to help heal her dry skin.
  • She has it down to a fine science how to work her brother up and she excels at it on a daily basis!
  • She has amazing musical talent... she plays the piano and sings every day. (She also plays the flute although to my chagrin she never practices anymore.)
  • She is for the most part pretty responsible and she has never done anything to break my trust... that I know of!!!
I cannot believe my little baby girl is 17 years old. It seems just like yesterday that she...


...was born



...got sunburned at the pool



...started posing


...began walking



...puddle jumped with Nana in the rain



...hated Santa




...started kindergarten




...had her first piano recital



...made her first loaf of bread



...got baptized




...got her ears pierced



...was bridesmaid for her Auntie Jenna



...sang in her first professional choir



...I just thought this was funny



...went to girls camp... finally!




...started making dinner for us




...still posing!



... went to the Cowboys training camp



...grew up way too fast. :(


 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNA!

You have turned into a beautiful
young woman and we love you :)

5 comments:

R Clan said...

You are so beautiful DeAnna! I am so glad I know you! Enjoy your years of being young. As I quote one of my favorite songs, "You're Amazing, Just the way you are." Now let's PAR-TAY!!!!

Joni said...

They grow up too fast, don't they? Happy Birthday DeAnna! You are gorgeous, inside and out. I hope my girls turn out like you. Whoever gets to marry you is so LUCKY! Have a great day!

Homemaker is not a "dirty" word said...

You are so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am blessed to get to be your YW leader :) Happy Birthday!

Higleys said...

I love the list but must protest the comment about where her girly-ness came from. I recall someone who had(has?) matching earings, braclets, necklaces, etc... and always looked great whenever she went out. I can't believe she is growing up so fast. Great memories. Happy birthday!

Jane said...

I love this post, the pictures, the list, the amazing girl! I hope and pray all three of my girls turn out just like DeAnna, I simply adore her! Don't let her give up the flute, I played for years and stopped and regret it. I have been thinking of getting a new one and taking it up again, maybe we can do a little number someday :) Hates lotion?!? I can't relate! Such a beautiful baby, girl and teenager!!