Would it be a boy or a girl? We didn't know. The baby had been way modest through both sonograms keeping it's legs crossed, so it was going to be a surprise. We had a list of six girls names and six boys names but as soon as she came out we both knew she was our "DeAnna".
- She always says "I love you" at least three times on the phone before she hangs up with you.
- She is a total girly girl. I don't know how she can be my daughter. She has purses, shoes and nail polish for every outfit.
- Even though she is a girly girl, she LOVES sports. Especially football. In fact, I would say she is the biggest football fan in the house... and anyone who knows her Dad knows that is saying something!
- She works hard to act like nothing bothers her... no matter how hard we to try to get under her skin.
- She cooks dinner for me quite frequently... and lots of treats too. What mother wouldn't love that?
- She is a hard worker and gets amazing grades... even if she hands in ten assignments just before the end of the quarter to bring her grade up.
- If you kiss her on one cheek or touch one arm she insists you do it the other side too. How quirky... it makes me laugh.
- She hates lotion... to the point where I have to go in late at night and rub it on her hands while she is sleeping to help heal her dry skin.
- She has it down to a fine science how to work her brother up and she excels at it on a daily basis!
- She has amazing musical talent... she plays the piano and sings every day. (She also plays the flute although to my chagrin she never practices anymore.)
- She is for the most part pretty responsible and she has never done anything to break my trust... that I know of!!!
I cannot believe my little baby girl is 17 years old. It seems just like yesterday that she...
...got sunburned at the pool
...puddle jumped with Nana in the rain
...had her first piano recital
...made her first loaf of bread