Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some people never learn...

My kids are actually quite intelligent kids when it comes to school, but at home I swear they need some extra tutoring. Here are some of the things I hope they hurry up and get through those thick skulls of theirs:
  • The chore chart posted on the refrigerator is non-negotiable. No amount of protesting is going to change the fact that what is listed on that day has to be done before TV, texting, or social events.
  • I don't care how many clothes you have hanging in your closet, if your laundry basket is overflowing, you need to do laundry.
  • You can't have a filthy pig-sty of a bedroom for 13 days, clean it on the 14th day and hope that I give you allowance.
  • If I tell you your music is too loud, it is too loud. Arguing with me is not going to help your cause... it will just make me take the stereo out of your room.
  • If there is snow on the ground, no amount of begging is going to convince me to let you wear shorts outside.
  • You are not going to get on my good side by eating a sandwich at 5:00pm and then telling me you are not hungry when I serve dinner at 5:30pm.
  • Telling me my room is messy too is not going to get you out of cleaning your room. (And my room isn't by the way...)
  • It is generally not a good idea to tell me you are not feeling good enough to go to basketball practice and then ask to go play with your friends.
  • Please oh please don't tell me I don't understand how you feel... believe me, I DO.
  • Telling me you are tired of me nagging you is only going to tick me off. Trust me.
  • If you live under my roof, you abide by my rules. The End.

I am sure there are more things, but these are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head after last nights family council. When will they learn that if they just do what we ask of them, their life would be so much sweeter. :)

6 comments:

R Clan said...

lol =) That is all I can do right now. I will have to think and see if I can help add to you list. lol =)

couplabz said...

Great list. Many of those would be on my list too.

MaryBeth said...

Those are great...except for the shorts thing. That wouldn't bother me too much. Good luck with the kiddies!

Tammy said...

No, Daddy's copy machine is not where he makes more money! and For the tenth time, you may NOT have that!

"on sale doesn't mean FREE"

Even though I love you more than ANYONE else, *I* reserve the right for the "mean mommy" to come out if you don't: brush your teeth, comb your hair, get ready for school, do your job, be nice to your siblings, dump out popcorn kernals all over the living room, etc etc....

Denise said...

You should frame that and hang it in your house.

Higleys said...

"If you would just do what I ask your life would be easier" is a daily comment around here lately.
Or the other popular version " If you had just done what I asked you'd be done by now."
Another favorite is " I can appreciate what you are saying but I am not asking you I am telling you..."