Friday, February 6, 2009

The greatest power that a person possesses is the power to choose...

So I think everyone knows that we are house hunting right now. I lay awake most of last night contemplating the decisions we are faced with and I have to admit, I am not in a good place mentally. :( When we moved here from Maryland it was tough on my kids. Consequently we promised them that when we bought a house, it would stay in the same school system that we are renting in currently. What I didn't count on was any of us getting so attached to the WARD that we are in.

If you have ever lived in Utah you know that ward boundaries are very small. I can walk to anyone in my wards house in less than 10 minutes. So if we say we want to stay in our ward, it drastically limits the houses that we can look at. I have been saying for the past three months, (to the chagrin of Mike and the kids), that we probably won't stay in the ward, and a lot of the houses we have looked at are outside of the ward boundaries. However, this week particularly, I personally have felt a deep desire to stay in our ward. Maybe it is because I hate change so much. Or maybe it is because we have made really good friends in this ward... I have joked about it "being a good way to get released from my YW calling", but I have realized this week just how much I love the YW and how hard it would be to say goodbye to them. We took them to the Draper Temple open house on Wednesday, and it was just a most incredible night. I mean... look at this group...



They are absolutely awesome. I can't think of anything I would rather do in the church than be with them. I love them so much.

So we are faced with a difficult decision right now and I am asking a strange request of anyone reading this who believes in God. Would you please pray for our family that we choose the right path, that we will find the home that we are supposed to be in and that we will know it when we get there. We can use all the prayers we can get. :)

3 comments:

R Clan said...

You know that prayers are very much being said in our household for you guys EVERY DAY! Although one of us continues to pray for you to find a house in the ward the rest of us have a better knowledge that you need to do what is best for your family and pray that you will be able to find a house that will suit your needs. Although, we would very much like you to stay in the ward. I believe our lives changed for the better because of you guys. WE LOVE YOU!

Henich Family said...

Is it selfish just to pray you stay in the ward?

And then also pray that you will be yw pres again in oh lets just say...11 more years?

Denise said...

Of course, I'll say a prayer for you. I know how you feel about the ward thing. I miss CP ward so much and when I went home for Christmas it was like being with my family again. The good thing for you is that you will still be close enough to see those people. At the same time remember that it isn't a race and if you wait you may find the perfect house in the perfect spot. I'll be thinking about you guys. I'm sure it seems hard, but how blessed you are that you even have the option to make such a choice!