Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009! Wow, how time flies. Seems like I was just "partying like it was 1999" and then 1999 actually happened and now ANOTHER ten years have passed. 2009... I was so sure that technology would have put us all out of jobs by now and that robots would be doing all the work. Ha!

So what are your New Years resolutions for this year? I have to admit, I am not good at resolutions. Actually, I pretty much suck at them after the first few.... days. So this year I am doing things a bit differently. No false promises of loosing 100 pounds or saving $1,000,000... just throwing out there some of the "do-able" things I would like to accomplish in 2009:

  • Settle down in my own house... no more renting
  • Host an 80's girls night... you come dressed in your best 80's gear and we watch "Girls just wanna have fun" or some other goofy 80's movie
  • Read the Book of Mormon through again
  • See "Twilight"
  • Get back into walking 5 days a week and light weight lifting 3... I did great at this in MD, not so good in UT
  • Host an "help empty my crafts closet" night. Jenna has about thirty plaques of wood... I have tons of craft paint and two boxes of wooden shapes. We could come up with all kinds of fun projects
  • Finish writing my book
  • Be more spontaneous with the kids... take them to the movies, ice-skating, mini-golfing... we are no longer a student family... we can do a bit more of this stuff!
  • De-junk/de-clutter my house. Donate anything I haven't used since we got to Utah to DI
  • Stay frugal even though we will be better off financially
  • Attend the taping of a TV show
  • Take a ballroom dancing class with Hot Hubby
  • Get a tattoo... ha ha. Just kidding... just checking to see if you were really reading
  • Have a real vacation
  • Participate in some anonymous service... such as buying a meal for a stranger without them knowing (like missionaries for example), or shoveling some one's driveway before they wake up or fun stuff like that
  • Write another piece of music

That's all I can think of for now, but I reserve the right to add to or edit this list anytime through the year. Hope your New Year is full of love, happiness and lived dreams. :)

3 comments:

Higleys said...

Make sure when you do the 80's girls night to let me know. maybe I can fly out (I can dream like I have money). You plans for 09 sound great.

MaryBeth said...

What's wrong with a tat? Seriously, as long as it's klassy, who cares?

R Clan said...

WOW! Those are great. Especially the TAT...Maybe we'll both have to get one. ;)