Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dance like no one is watching...

How to have some super duper fun with your kids:
  1. Go to the dollar store and buy several packages of neon bracelets and necklaces in several different colors... you know, the ones that glow in the dark when you snap them!

  2. Pick out your favorite "happy music"... (My favorite is the Mama Mia soundtrack!)

  3. Wait for it to get super dark.

  4. Open the neon jewelry and put them on legs, arms, necks... anywhere you can get them.

  5. Turn out ALL the lights, pop on the music, and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE.

You will not believe how fun it is to only see the neon jewelry moving around... see what designs and patterns you can make. My kids were older and we had a BLAST! I can't imagine how much fun younger kids would have! :)


6 comments:

Denise said...

That is a cute idea. I will keep it in mind once the kids get out of the biting stage. I can imagine it would be a ton of fun!

Irene and Steve Moyer said...

LOVE the Mama Mia soundtrack. Maya and I dance to it for hours!!

couplabz said...

Denise, with the moves your kids have it would be a hoot now! I'll have to remember this, I actually keep a supply of the glow in the dark bracelets on hand, they come in handy for excursions that involve any dark - that way we can find Eli where ever he runs.

R Clan said...

That would be cool. =)

Tammy said...

would you believe that our all my neices and nephews were doing this on their own at Christmas...the adults were all hanging out and the little kids gathered in a dark room with all their glowy things and got the music going and started "dancing"...we adults didn't find out until one of the kids was glowing in the dark!! They had a blast!

Jane said...

That is the best idea, we are doing this. My kids will love it.