Saturday, January 31, 2009
I obviously didn't sign it, but after reading this post on his blog, I haven't had the heart to make him cut it yet. We'll see how long I can stand to look at it. :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 9:35 AM
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
- Go to the dollar store and buy several packages of neon bracelets and necklaces in several different colors... you know, the ones that glow in the dark when you snap them!
- Pick out your favorite "happy music"... (My favorite is the Mama Mia soundtrack!)
- Wait for it to get super dark.
- Open the neon jewelry and put them on legs, arms, necks... anywhere you can get them.
- Turn out ALL the lights, pop on the music, and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE.
You will not believe how fun it is to only see the neon jewelry moving around... see what designs and patterns you can make. My kids were older and we had a BLAST! I can't imagine how much fun younger kids would have! :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:29 PM
Sunday, January 25, 2009
So I see a car drive past us with a little girl who couldn't be more than five or six with her head just slightly stuck out the window and my first thoughts were "what the heck is that mother thinking letting that child stick her head out of the window? She'll catch a death of cold! Not to mention, that is just not safe! Good grief."
Well we pulled up to a stoplight and happened to pull up right next to the car and I sort of glared over to the left at this unsafe, (soon to be sick), child. Wouldn't you know the little girl, with a big bright pink flower in her hair and still with her face out in the rain looked right at me, smiled a big old toothy grin, and waved at me.
Posted by *~Petra~* at 9:24 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009
So this link will give you the number one billboard song from any day of the last hundred or so years... It's fun reminiscing... and by the way:
On the day I was born: Johnny Nash "I can see clearly now" (No wonder I love that song!)
On my wedding day: Sir Mix-a-Lot "Baby got back" (Um... no comment.)
...and then holla and let me know what your songs were! :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:16 PM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- I think I am almost over this horrible chest cold I have had for the last 10 days (thus, the lack of posts) :)
- My hubby is finally working and is now VERY content :)
- I had Monday off work to celebrate MLK day :)
- I got fruit cake at 75% off at the Walmart after Christmas sale... WOOHOO :)
- We got to buy the kids some new clothes and a video game this weekend :)
- I finally got to renew my Sam's card and I forgot how much I love it there :)
- I have seen Twilight, Bride Wars and Bedtime Stories ALL in the movie theater this month :)
- DeAnna loved the Twilight movie so much that she finally read the books! :)
- Hot Hubby and I have had three dates this year already :)
- The Cardinals beat Philly for the Superbowl spot on Sunday... YESSSSSSS:)
- DeAnna finally got her monthly "woman thing" (for the first time ever) and she has been dramatically miserable. Her misery (also very much my misery), is finally coming to an end today :)
- Both of the kids tried out for and got a part in the school play, Seussical. DeAnna is Miss Gertrude McFuzz and Michael is a jungle citizen :)
- I feel at peace with my life right now and am just enjoying the ride! :)
That's a lot of happiness!
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:13 PM
Monday, January 12, 2009
It is absolutely, positively RUDE to be talking on your cell phone when you are checking out at a store. It bugs me to no end to see people chatting away barely recognizing anyone as they throw a credit card or cash at the person across the register.
For goodness sake people. Put your blasted cell phone down for two minutes and take a second to recognize that there is a human being standing right in front of you attempting to serve you. I am sure your friend on the other end can wait two minutes to hear your mindless drivel.
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:31 PM
Saturday, January 10, 2009
I ask myself... why on earth are there cars filling up at the Chevron station????
Posted by *~Petra~* at 3:38 PM
Friday, January 9, 2009
While you are there, check out some of the tips on how to start saving money! If you have never visited Frugalityville, make sure to visit the welcome page . It will get you going in the right direction.
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:30 AM
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
This stuff is amazing. It lived up to all these claims...
- Blocks frizz all day
- Instantly and dramatically transforms dry, frizzy, or chemically-treated hair into incredibly smoother, glossier, stronger hair
- Protects and prolongs the life of color treated hair
- An exceptional blend of silicones immediately smoothes texture while delivering a layer of crystal-clear gloss for perfectly polished, frizz-resistant styles
- Repels humidity to help prevent weather-related frizz
- Contains sunscreen
It is my new favorite hair product! An absolute must for anyone who uses a straightening iron. I use it every time I wash my hair now... you apply it to wet hair.
DeAnna on the other hand loves this one which you apply to dry hair, (and which was also under my sink).
- Exceptional crème, applied to dried hair, instantly transforms puffy, parched hair into a perfectly smooth, supple, shiny texture
- Replaces natural oils lost to blow-drying and daily styling stress
- Works instantly on dry hair to camouflage imperfections by smoothing away dullness, puffiness and frayed split ends
- Immediately restores "silkening" moisture to "quench" parched hair
- Creates ultra-glossy, supple hair with an incredibly healthy-looking finish
- Contains sunscreen
We give both products 5 out of 5 daisies.
Of course, no product is gonna help if you don't start out with a good haircut, so I want to give a shout-out to my new favorite hairdresser, Krista Johnson. I finally planned ahead enough to get in with her and she is the first person in the state of Utah to actually cut my hair exactly how I asked her to. She is fantastic and her prices are amazing. GIVE HER A CALL!!!!
Posted by *~Petra~* at 4:21 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009
That being said, I want to give a shout-out to my neices and nephews that have birthday's in the month of January and tell you all that I love you and I wish you all...
Posted by *~Petra~* at 11:32 PM
Friday, January 2, 2009
Today we drove up to Ogden to celebrate my Mum's birthday with her. True to tradition, we braved heavy sleet and snow to get there (which continued way into the night), however, we didn't let the bad weather deter us from going out for a fantastic meal at Ruby River, a superb steakhouse down the road from the mission home... (even if we did look like drowned rats by the time we got there).
My dad and my son like to torment each other to no end, so while Mike (Jr) was "going to the bathroom" at the restaurant, (really he was peeking at the Utes game score in the adjoining bar), I watched my dad pour a few tablespoons of salt into his water glass, (actually I would bet it was about 1/3 a cup), and mischievously stir it in with the straw.
When Michael arrived back at the table, I sat staring at him in shock as he kept picking up his cup and putting it back down without sipping, (like in the movies when you know the glass is poisoned and you are just waiting for the person to drink it but something keeps distracting them from taking a sip), and even though I had the camera right there ready, I was not able to get a shot that could adequately show the horror on Michael's face when he finally took a big long slurp from the cup... mostly because I was so worried that he was just going to throw up right there at the table. This is the best shot I got which was him looking in his cup right after he sipped...
...but then his face turned green, his hand went over his mouth and he ran to the bathroom... Yeah, I didn't get any of that since I was having flashbacks of cleaning up puke at Fuddruckers a few years ago and was just praying in my heart that he would make it to the bathroom.
Anyway, here is my Dad after the event...
But don't worry... they made up quickly... they always do!!!
My mum wasn't overjoyed when after a HUGE meal, (and me tipping off the waiter that it was her birthday), they brought her a big sundae! This picture actually did adequately show how ill she felt just looking at the ice-cream :)
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MUM EVER!!!! We hope you enjoyed your evening as much as we enjoyed spending it with you. Love you lots! :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 11:54 PM
Thursday, January 1, 2009
So what are your New Years resolutions for this year? I have to admit, I am not good at resolutions. Actually, I pretty much suck at them after the first few.... days. So this year I am doing things a bit differently. No false promises of loosing 100 pounds or saving $1,000,000... just throwing out there some of the "do-able" things I would like to accomplish in 2009:
- Settle down in my own house... no more renting
- Host an 80's girls night... you come dressed in your best 80's gear and we watch "Girls just wanna have fun" or some other goofy 80's movie
- Read the Book of Mormon through again
- See "Twilight"
- Get back into walking 5 days a week and light weight lifting 3... I did great at this in MD, not so good in UT
- Host an "help empty my crafts closet" night. Jenna has about thirty plaques of wood... I have tons of craft paint and two boxes of wooden shapes. We could come up with all kinds of fun projects
- Finish writing my book
- Be more spontaneous with the kids... take them to the movies, ice-skating, mini-golfing... we are no longer a student family... we can do a bit more of this stuff!
- De-junk/de-clutter my house. Donate anything I haven't used since we got to Utah to DI
- Stay frugal even though we will be better off financially
- Attend the taping of a TV show
- Take a ballroom dancing class with Hot Hubby
- Get a tattoo... ha ha. Just kidding... just checking to see if you were really reading
- Have a real vacation
- Participate in some anonymous service... such as buying a meal for a stranger without them knowing (like missionaries for example), or shoveling some one's driveway before they wake up or fun stuff like that
- Write another piece of music
That's all I can think of for now, but I reserve the right to add to or edit this list anytime through the year. Hope your New Year is full of love, happiness and lived dreams. :)
Posted by *~Petra~* at 9:22 AM