Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today is the first day of the rest of our life...

College is hard work, but when you are 37 with a wife and two kids, I have to believe it is even harder. Last night made all our family has endured the past few years worth it though. The graduation ceremony was absolutely awesome. It was priceless to see him walk across the stage... I don't even know how to describe it!

The highlight of the evening for me however, was seeing his face go completely red when out of the entire class, he was chosen to receive the award for outstanding clinical performance. What an accomplishment! He has worked soooooooooo hard... It is nice to see it all pay off.

I keep pinching myself... I cannot believe this day has actually finally come! It seriously feels surreal. Mike starts his new job on Monday, and a new chapter of our life has officially begun. It will be weird to walk in to a store and be able to buy something without having to over think it! (Though to the chagrin of my kids, I will always be frugal... more income will not change that ever!!) :)

I just want to give a shout out to my Mum & Dad, without whom, the past few years would have been a LOT more difficult for our family. They have supported us in every way possible and both Mike and I, (and the kids), are very grateful for them. We could never repay them for all they have done for us, but as parents we hope that we can do the same for our kids when the time arrives. Thank you guys!!!!

Receiving his award

Mike with his two professors, Diana & Ken

Mike with my mom who drove
down for the occasion

Where there is food, my kids will be

Mike with his favorite classmates

2 comments:

R Clan said...

What a wonderful feeling. I am sooooooooooo happy for you guys. It seems like when I look at it that the time really flew by. It's funny how to other people it seems that way but when you are in the moment it really drags on and you don't think there is ever going to be an end. We seriously are so happy for you guys. Congrats Mike!

MaryBeth said...

Petra, I am so excited for you guys! I know how hard it is to have kids and a husband in school...which is why I've forbidden Rick from going for a law degree :)

Congratulations Mike!